saving virgil *spoiler (I think)*

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by MetalWyrm, Apr 3, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. MetalWyrm

MetalWyrm New Member

After leaving that dark elf place (damn I forgot the name :p), Virgil (if in your party at the time) says he has something to do, and runs off (be sure, as I've found that you strip him, to keep the items, but I think leaving behind good armor and a good weapon (pyro-axe perhaps) is a smart idea...
    you then later find him in Caladon, under the Sobbing Onion, fighting against 4 thieves.... he dies of course.....
    and normally you're supposed to resurrect him, after you kill of the thieves..
    unfortunately, he becomes "Zen Virgil" (which is a change in his spell lvl'ing and such I believe), and drops to a crappy lvl 25.

for me, this was inconvenient, considering before he was lvl 40...
    and even worse, I, being a techie was not able to resurrect him.....
    so what I found (if you have a haste potion, it makes it even easier) is that once you go under the sobbing onion, you press "r" right away to initiate attack, and run over to the thieves....
    best to take them out by which ones do the most dmg+hits

after you do this, he will talk to you
    while Virgil IS a changed man, he remains at the same lvl he was before (in my case, a nice lvl 40)
    He also doesn't appear to go into his "Zen Virgil" state (atleast not when I checked his script) ..... but I think losing 15 lvls on a character is a bigger loss

2. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Uhhh dude, actually there IS a techie rezzie. I think its called Life Restorer, im not sure, but I do know its a potion. (oh yeah that really helps)

3. Bralkein

Bralkein New Member

There's restore life, that appears in herbology shops from time to time, also there is reanimator, a resurrect potion made from cure-all and a large capacitor. It's a found schematic. They should work.

Nice to know that I'll be able to save him though :grin:

4. Lethran

Lethran New Member

It's purple and looks like a tiny purfume bottle with a stinger. It's heavy and expensive, but extremely useful in Vendigroth....

5. Eloc Knarfnos

Eloc Knarfnos New Member

That's funny, I thought it was dark green. It weighs something like 250 stone, but it only costs about half of what a resurrection spell scroll does and works for and on anybody. It's handy to have (at least) one of your followers carry one since they'll resurrect you if necessary. Usually I just reload and try again, but every now and then other outcomes make using resurrection worthwhile.

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i thought it was green, too... and it weighs 300 stone...

7. MetalWyrm

MetalWyrm New Member

lol yes I *know* there's the reanimator, I have it! but I don't have the proper skills for it.... I'm 100 in electricity but my, what was it, herbology or whatever the second one is is 0..... but that's not the point
    the point is you can save Virgil from becoming a crappy lvl 25... when you've spent all this time building him up

8. Eloc Knarfnos

Eloc Knarfnos New Member

Maybe we're still not talking about the same thing, because you don't have to make what I use, you just buy it at a general store or herbalist for about 1500 coins. But that figure might be as far off as my remembrance of its weight...

Another really good way to "save" Virgil is to install the 1.0.7.4 patch. After that he'll keep all his stuff, including his name. I'm not sure if anything changes about his leveling scheme. After he maxes out in healing he doesn't seem to gain anything else worthwhile anyway, so who cares?

9. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

You know what's wierd, after I left T'sen Ang... Virgil never left (I had talken to the M-hand guy and everything). Is this ANOTHER bug that I've had with him?
    (BTW, for some reason the text is now calling him "Virgin")

10. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

Virgil doesn't leave if you're evil...if you're good and he didn't leave, then I'd blame a bug, but ...I was going somewhere with that...I'm sure of it...

11. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

If you fight your way out of T'sen Ang, Virgil won't leave. He also won't leave if your CHA is 20.

As far as losing levels...well, I'm 25th level or less when I rescue Virgil.

12. KAmbrose

KAmbrose New Member

Re: Virgil

Virgil left my character after I fought my way out of T'sen-Ang, but I did only have a 12 Charisma.

Keith Ambrose

13. Lethran

Lethran New Member

The stuff you make is pretty much the same as the stuff you buy.

I had Virgil stay once when I was good (idiot savante). I've had him leave whetthher I fought my way out or not.

14. Brand

Brand New Member

Virgil left and I saved him but he was still at level 50, and his stats and spells stayed the same. Though he did become "Zen Virgil."

15. legolas

legolas New Member

wait! virgil is underneath it ? as in through a trap door ? because i thought he was supposed to be in the sideroom in the sobbing onion, and i killed only 2 guys, and he wasnt there! is their a trapdoor anywhere ?

16. Brand

Brand New Member

Yes, if you look carefully you will find a trap door in the back of the Sobbing Onion.

17. legolas

legolas New Member

brand i could give you a hug right now!!!!!!!! but that would just be weird, thankyou so much!

but i do have another question. is the trapdoor in the first room with the bar ? or in the sideroom ?

18. legolas

legolas New Member

i searched the main room, along the walls, and behind the bar, and i cnat find it anywhere!

19. Brand

Brand New Member

It is a bit hard to find, it is the second room of the sobbing onion, in on the conners.

20. legolas

legolas New Member

Our Host!