ARG!!! Rock monsters and other *bleeping* problems!!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Proust, Apr 3, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Proust

Proust New Member

I have been playing for a while, and I have found a few things that are begining to REALLY piss me off, so I came to the one place where I might find a solution. Please help out (again :smile: )

1. I HATE ROCK MONSTERS!!! They damagemy partie's weapons! ARG!!! Seething massses, ore giants and demon shardds! A whole bunch! I can't domplete the dredge (even though I got to loghaire vis his son) with those things behoind EVERY corner! What I do right now is (I am Merwin with Expert Bow) is tell my party memebrs to back off and run awound hastened firing arrows wildly at the baddies... Any suggestions? Cause I don't really have 'backup or throwaway weapons' (Maybe I should get some? Hmm...) to use and don't want to loose my arcany and mystic swords...

2. Ok, I was ready to kill my followers for this (I can too, I tried it :smile: ) First off, I tell them to back the *BLEEP* off and instead they run back to me. I cna understand thi in dungeons where they are trying to 'protect me' (lol, level 40 with enough firepower to whack all of stillwater...) but why anywhere else? Also they won't walk away from me so I cna draw single monsters into an ambush and *yadday *yadda* *yadda*.... Gah! So any way to make those idiots more obediebnt?

3. My party memebrs also equip whatever THEY think is the best weapon/armor in their inventory as soon as I put it there. Sometimes I DON'T want them to do it (for wahtever reason) and end up carying a bunch of good (but currently useless) items (they are not IDed for example and maybe/are hexed). Anything to remedy this situation?

4. Follower skills and schematics... I want Virgil to cast Sanctuary on everyone so I can bliz through a necro lab to resque the dam qutsy dwarfs, but he won't! (He knows it too!) Same applies to lock-picks and spot traps and the like, except for healing where characters heal mindlessly even though there is a nifty spell nearby to take care of the problem without wasting precious potions/bandages... On that note, can I teach my followers schematics? 'Cause I find great things like the Revitalizer and since I am Merwin (mostly mechanic) I have no use for it, while Jeyna Styles would LOVE IT! SO what gives?

5. Umm, I THINK its a bug, but even when Magnus 'Loves' me, when i tell him to wait he will not re-join my party... What's up with this?

6. Finally *ahem* after you bring the of the goddess in stillwater and you agree to participate in the 'festivities' you end up in the room full of nude collpased people. *Ahem* did I just participate in an orgy? Surprisngly the people nearrer me (namely women) have a much better reaction to me (95 Amiable) to the others who are only 85. Hmmm... gets a guy thinking eh? :wink: And oh yeah, on this note, what's up with your party following you into the room whenever you rent one of Madam Lil's girls? I mean Jeyna seems like a really repressed village girl *cough* VIRGIN *cough*... Are all the people of Arcanum born voyers or something? Lol...

Ok, enough of my slightly strange thinking for now :0 Please see if ya can make some sense of this, lol!

Peace!

2. Proust

Proust New Member

Oh yeah, my spelling sucks, so sorry... I am using a publick computer with a time limit of an hour, and want to get as much in as I can, so I don't have time to spell check :sad: Sorry again...

P.S. What's up with the Gore Guards in the Stonecutters Clan having a fire based attack? They damage my parties' armor hecka bad even though nothing is different about them, they are just Level22 Gore Guards... *Sigh* MOre running around firing arrows wildly while my party stands idle... Great for exp though since you put down level 20 and above monsters all by yourself! LOL!

3. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

1. Try pyroaxes, or aerial decap
    2. well they listen to me when i tell them to wait and/or back off, dunno why they don't to you.. MAybe your not that much of a leader..:lol:
    3. Nah, no remedy for that as far as I know..I even remember Virgil picking a lot of wastes for me before like that stupid BIG BIG ROCK..:smile:
    4. Im not sure about the spelling but lockpicking/trapspotting they will do for u, if their skill is higher than u.. still they are fail often(like jamming a lock..) Nope they can't learn schematics..

5. BUG???
    6. I think so..:nod:

No problem about the typos..Im not sure if ive help though..hehehe..:smile:

4. Proust

Proust New Member

Naw, that was tight... Except where the hell do you get an Areial Decap? I read about it in the prima guide but can't find it! Is it like a grenade (charges) or a Bomerang (single weapon)??

Eh, and what Big rock are you talking about? Lol... he picked up a bunch of useless crap for me too, but sometimes its nice?

Anyway what is the point of all those powerfull schemtaics you can find that require almost 100 in some skill or another, often (for me anyway) one that I am not profecitent in at all? I can't use them without fucking up my auto-leveling scheme (I mean ther are only a certain amount of cps in the game afterall!) and they are sooooo good! (On a good note, I WILL build that frigging automaton before going into the void, or evne before. Heck if I can I will build 3, 4 5, a DAM ARMY!!! If such a thing is possible, with multiple automaton followers, I will DEMOLISH half of Arcabum for the fun of it! Muahahahah!!!)

5. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

the arial decp can be found at w- 750 s-556 and it's a good throwing weapon. the big rocks are for the quest where you have to clear the farmers field. try using tech manuals that you can buy at the uni in tarant, just keep them in your inventory to use them, they add to your appt your int times how many manuals you have ie: 5 man's * 10 int = 50 points. note they are figgin' heavy so find a place to store them when not needed, try the warehouse that you cleared the rats out of. that should answer your questions for now and do please stick around it's nice to see new faces.

*edit* this was my 700th post and it was used to help someone i'm very proud of myself

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mrnobodie on 2002-04-03 08:12 ]</font>

6. Proust

Proust New Member

Thanks for the help, I didn't know that you coulkd stack manuals to get so many frigging tech point! w00t! But they cost like 1500 :sad: each! Any way to steal some without breaking the guy's chest (Each shop keeper has one where they store all their crap... I think its kinda cheap when you can just sneak in, break it open and grab the loot... Sure it makes that they don't regen any new items, but man! the phat lewt!)

I do plan on sticking around, since I was recently *ahem* disposessed from the previous forums and I really like the people here. My only concern is that, until I finish the game a few times, I will have a but-load of questions and not much to contribute on my own (even tohugh I do try) I hope this doesn't drive everyone crazy :smile:

7. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

i don't think you can steal them but i'm not sure (never tried). don't worry about the questions it's not like we have a life *cough* rosenshyne *cough* :razz:

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i've never even finished the game... but i've had to restart so many times, i know up to thanatos backwards and forwards... but only for tech... amazing how much advice i still manage to give out, isn't it? :grin:

9. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

a woman give out lots of advice nah never happen :grin:

10. Lethran

Lethran New Member

1. Arcane weapons don't take damage from doors, so I suspect they are safe from rock monsters.

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

personally, i recommend malatov cocktails to get rid of anything you can't kill in one fell swoop... in turn-based, they don't cost any action points to use... and they give a decent amount of exp, considering you're not exerting yourself...

12. Eloc Knarfnos

Eloc Knarfnos New Member

Yeah, those cocktails are pretty sweet and visually satisfying, but you need to keep your guys well away from the targets and don't expect to loot much usable armor. Sebastian's a real liability if you let him keep any in his inventory. He loves to throw em, but he has no effective skill, so it's safer to only let him play with stun grenades. Oh for a good (tweaked) follower with throwing skills...

13. gamenut

gamenut New Member

We talked about ore golems in an earlier thread.

14. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

15. Eloc Knarfnos

Eloc Knarfnos New Member

I'm confident this doesn't surprise you. Just think how the historians feel!

16. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I wonder how many posts there are that are solely about complaining about ore golems?

Anyone else want to go look?

17. tzehoong

tzehoong New Member

personally, i love those monsters, they add spice to the game. without them the game would be boring. There is already a lack of powerful spellcasters in the game, why complain when you have to think your way through tough monsters? elemental snakes can be hard too in real time.

I still remember the first time I tried to whup Nasrudin, I was so confident that I had real-time on, I was a lvl 45 mage, and he cast one disintergrate on me and the battle was over...

18. Bralkein

Bralkein New Member

Well, like someone already said, arcane weapons are good, cause they don't get broken by hitting stuff like that.

With my first character, a half-ogre warrior dude, I used to lug around spare weapons to beat ore golems etc with. If you're a good enough fighter, you should be able to kick arse with any weapon. But then again the spare weapon thing might get a bit heavy. I wouldn't know (ogre strength).

19. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

yep, some weapons are indestructible (supposed to be).. But Im wondering why pyrothecnic axes get damaged from time to time, I believe weapons are indestructible only as offensive weapons and not as defensive ones.. anyone encountered this bug?? :wink:

20. Harlequin

Harlequin New Member

getting back to the subject of the post, you can always give the ore punks a face full of fist! if you have the str and melee skills, they usually dont hold out for long against the onslaught of fist-to-head. Plus, i know its strange, but your hands dont get hurt in the process. If you are a spell-jockey, become friendly with the disintegrate spell. I havent seen something yet that it wont kill in one blast.

Our Host!