What is the yoyo of death?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by OO179, Apr 3, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. OO179

OO179 New Member

I keep hearing people talk about the yoyo of death and i was just wondering what it is and where it is.

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

Yo-Yo of Deathâ„¢

it's the aerial decapitator, you get it from a lvl 50 blind guy at 750, 556... it's on the left continent, and it's a secret location, so it won't show up when you come close. approach from the north, when you reach the coordinates, go to the regular map, and follow the mountains down a small canyon. the old blind dude will be there cutting the head of chickens.

3. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

keep back or you'll be dead in eight steps

and you, if you're not careful

4. Piter

Piter New Member

it's also a game spoiler. getting it made my techie/gunslinger's other weapons obsolete.
    think of it as the drain of thrown weapons.

5. Luinil

Luinil New Member

is it better than that 5 bladed thing you have to find to become a throwing master?

6. Milo

Milo New Member

I liked the Azram's Star better. But then, my only throwing character had a high Magic Aptitude, so the Star was really good. It's fast and scores alot of critical hits. If you're a techie, then the Areola Decaffeinator is the best, no doubt.

7. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

8. Jasper_Chen

Jasper_Chen New Member

yes i believe it is the aeirial decapitator, it looks like a red yo-yo too!

9. Luinil

Luinil New Member

if youre just about the middle does it matter much, i could prbly liberate the star from the throwing master, btw, will she train me from expert to master, or can she do it if im still an apprentice, either way, do i need to raise throwing to 5 before i talk to her?

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

She can train you from apprentice to master, but she will only give you one rank for the star. If you're apprentice and you give her the star, then you have to pay about 2000 gold to her to gain mastership and you have to make sure to 'sweet talk' her or she'll think you're ungrateful (too right!)

Your best bet is to get Lianna Del Par (in Dernholm) to train you to expert, then get to master level by giving Shalmo the star.

Definitely get it back afterwards though if you're magickally inclined - use a fate point. If you're tech inclined, then just go for the arial decapitator.

11. Milo

Milo New Member

Or just kill her. She's no use to you anymore anyway. You've completed the only quest she'll ever give you. Her only other use is to give you throwing mastery. Once that's done, well... bye bye stuck up throwing ho.

12. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: I like the sound that is produced when equiping the decapitator....gurgle...drool...

Our Host!