Some help

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Maniac, Apr 4, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I am playing a dumbass halfogre pure fighter and I need some help.

1. Where can I get some good large armor?(if that kind exists that is :smile: )
    2.How I should kill ore golems being a pure fighter? I am level 26 and have Virgil and dog as followers.
    3.How can I get Gar to join me?

2. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

large armor from what i can remember is pretty random, unless you make it which is a little more reliable than searching and waiting for it to appear. if you have dog just attack as normal, tell vigil to back off and let dog take care of the rest. alas i never got gar to join me, due to an unfortunate bout of the deads.

3. Lethran

Lethran New Member

2. Arcane weapons and explosive axes don't take damage from stone. Throwing weapons are also good.
    3. You need a certain amount of persuasion. Talk to him about tea. If you have the right stats, he'll tell you his story. Then you can threaten or bribe (depending on stats) Parnell into freeing him.

4. Eloc Knarfnos

Eloc Knarfnos New Member

Becoming an expert in persuasion works for getting Gar. I may have had to also use an intelligence potion when my intelligence was still at 8. I forget. You might consider getting Sog instead though. He'll use the same, cast off, large armor as your playing character, has the useful advantages of Gar, carries more and hits harder. He doesn't complain and you don't have to listen to his redundant nattering. Gar can only wear the barbarian armors (easy to come by from orc bandits) or eventually dread armor.

Sorry, I don't remember where I eventually found good large armor in the regular game. For the first 20 or so levels Sog just wore guard leather looted from the assassins in the Black Mountain Mine. Before too long some studded leather came up somewhere. Then some large mystic leather and by the time it really didn't matter I think he ended up in some sort of plate. If you've installed Chris's Isle of Doom, you get all sorts of goodies early including one large mystic leather. It's a good thing too since by the time Sog got through he was buck naked and Gar had burnt up three sets of red barbarian armor. I don't know if the those found items were random luck or would be there consistently.

5. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

As far as I can tell, the best you can buy is large chainmail and pretty hard to come by. I got sogg in a suit of studded leather. I lucked out early and picked it up in tarant. One, and I dont remeber of the special places, lagoo, swamp, pond and such; has large arcane armor. I have seen a suit of large mystic plate but that was once and I'm on my 5th time through the game. Sorry.

6. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Thanks for all the help and btw where can I get an arcane sword. Those gipsies rearly have them. Or where can I get some explosive weapons?

7. legolas

legolas New Member

8. gamenut

gamenut New Member

In the temple where I found Derian-ka, I found some large arcane leather armor in a chest.

9. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Kill Lukan the Witless's guards, they have Large Leather Armor

10. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I killed thema LOOOOONg time ago and that armor is crappy. I guess I'll go check out the Derian-Ka temple.
    So where can I get arcane or explosive weapons?

Our Host!