Post All The Bugs You Know Here

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by YeaYea2001, Apr 3, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Ok, this idea was given to me by Rose (Thank ya!!) Lets try and make the biggest collection of bugs that we can. And please try not to post duplicates

2. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Save/Quit bug
    Items appearing as black outlines in inventory

3. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Don't know if this is a bug, but once I was playing as a half-ogre when suddenly he turned stupid! Before he had an int of 5, after he had an int of supposedly 1. I invested CPs into it , but it still wouldn't raise.

4. Piter

Piter New Member

i'll relist some bugs i mentioned elsewhere and some new ones i've found.

-mystic/mage staff bug where the magic supply increases overtime for unknown reason (happened to only 1 character. haven't been able to repeat with other mages).

-the summoned succor beasts that are ordered to attack distant enemies (around corners) cause different types of creatures to attack each other.

-mysterious exit to windows. happens sometimes when examining dead bodies, or picking up inventory quick slot item. can be avoided by not looting, or placing another item in quick-slot.

-sometimes, virgil and other followers just hug a wall and stay there, not responding to any command. i have to play around with f3-f5 a few times to break them out of their stupor.

-once in tarant sewers, in the room where you recover a missing ring for a guy up top, my main character just (for no reason) ran into the wall, and became trapped in between.

5. Memnoch91

Memnoch91 New Member

Yeah, the thing where they hug the wall means they spotted an enemy on the other side and are attempting to engage it :smile: But theres a wall. Just clarifying this bug.

6. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

In my current character, I got a mystirious bonus to all of my theif skills. I hit level 20 and they all went up by a small notch. I'd say it was 5% judgeing by the distance that the bar had moved. It was ther for about a hour(game time) and when I advance time, it went away. NO idea what the hell that was. Oh and each time I used a CP for level 20(2 of them) I recieved the kebes jewel blessing again . I got the sound and the window message but my stats never went higher. the the bonus thing. tehn back to normal. Weird

7. Eloc Knarfnos

Eloc Knarfnos New Member

Most of the bugs that I've run into have been minor and easily worked around. One that's in that category that happened again last night and so is fresh in my mind involves the use of spot trap scrolls.

Apparently, the first time you use a spot trap scroll there's a bug. At least it's happened on this way on the three games we've played. Instead of simply stopping one of your spells currently being maintained and activating the spot trap, two spot trap icons appear at the top of the screen. There's an extra one in the (as yet unavailable) right-most fifth position. Worse, an apparently irrelevant and useless window pops up overlaying the right portion of the isometric view with a scroll down list of auto-leveling schemes. Opening the character sheet or inventory windows and then going back to the isometric view gets rid of the pop-up and the extraneous icon goes away when the spell expires. Seemingly no harm is done...

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

my favorite bug is listed elsewhere (search topics for the words "my favorite bug"), but i've got a couple minor ones, as well...

- the leader thief for the mayor's quest in blackroot never shows up... don't know what that's all about...

- if i approach razorpoints from the caladon side, i can get around it by walking... i can't get back, but everytime i attempt to walk around it using the world map, i've succeeded...

- don't know if this is a bug or not... but there's no gypsy at the camp in caladon...

that's it for now...

[​IMG]
    "You're not the Big Bad anymore.
    You're not even the kind of naughty..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rosenshyne on 2002-04-04 08:43 ]</font>

9. Memnoch91

Memnoch91 New Member

Strange, I always find a gypsy in Caladon and I see the lead thief in Black Root. Oh well, two less bugs I have to deal with :smile:

Our Host!