Too much stuff!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Digitalmethod2k, Mar 26, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Digitalmethod2k

Digitalmethod2k New Member

Is there anyplace I can put items? Like a chest of my own somewhere. Another question is how do I get to Caladan? I'm at level 25 and I just finished all of Tarant's quests, and most of ashburys. I'm at the part where I need to investigate the black mountains. I can't seem to find a boat anywhere to get to Caladan.

2. Horatio Hornblower

Horatio Hornblower New Member

you can store your stuff in pretty much any container you want except dumpsters n' trash cans. in tarant, i recommend the chest in which you find the stolen painting or any of the containers in the rat infested warehouse near the docks.

in ashbury i used the scientist's house.

you can't get to caladon until later. do the BMC quest first, eventually you'll get to Caladon. most of the locations in the game must be hit in a specific order or stuff gets broken. anyone who tells you that Arcanum is non-linear is full of poo. the main quest is a total railroad.

hh

3. Digitalmethod2k

Digitalmethod2k New Member

4. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

when it's time for you to go to caladon, the ships will add that option to their list of destinations...

5. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

There are also two chests in the sewers of Tarant (the room with the thieves in it) where you can stash stuff.

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

if you drop more than one item on the ground, it becomes a container, meaning your items won't decay... on the other hand, npc's can take things from this kind of container... but if it's an out of the way place, it works as a kind of temporary thing... also, npc's cannot loot any chest/container... but trash cans and rubbish bins automatically regenerate, so you lose anything you put in those...

7. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

I use the Bridesdale Inn in Tarant to store stuff. There's two dressers, and that's more than enough space for me, i just use one for general stuff, and another for very special stuff and manuals.

8. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

I use the chest where the painting was & the upper level of the haunted house in Ashbury...keys are needed to get to these places.

I know that probably doesnt matter, but it makes me feel safer;)

9. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

once you buy bates' mansion, it makes a nifty place to store things... ain't no one getting in there!

10. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Actually.... The Junk Pile you make disappears. I was chocked up with stuff (armour, weapons etc...) after doing some ruins (skeletons and stuff) out the north east. So I just unloaded what I couldn't carry onto the floor. WHen I went straight back after selling what I could carry at Tarant, it was gone, except for some rusty armour. I lost a lot of good stuff there..... It was gonna make me some good $$$ too....

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

that's cuz you left it outside, and it rusted...

12. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

My personal favorite place to keep my stuff is in Rizizste's bedroom (In the chest with his map and telegram) You save your game, wait until night steal his key from him, Its really easy, even with no pick pocket skill. This way you have storage and the key to his back room and chest. and every day you can walk in take his 700-2000 coins that is generated everyday. and you have a place to store your stuff and make a nice profit without having to pick a single lock.

13. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

Yeah that's the best money scheme there is, just running between Riz and the Inn. Every day he seems to regenerate the coins in his chest, i generally find between 2200 and 2800 coins every time. He must be a rich man.

14. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

And the funny thing is that he likes me more everytime he sees me! His reaction to me is 850 right now and my beauty is only 7.

15. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

I use a the safe in ol' whatshisname's mansion in Tarant. I also use the safe and barrel under the hall of records

16. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

The house(?) just north of the Tarant trainstation is a good place to stash stuff, and the inn in Blackroot is pretty good too, since after a quest you can own a room there.

17. Proust

Proust New Member

Well I didn't know about Riz's money regneerating, I will have to try that!, but the BEST place (for me anyway) is I store my crap in the warehouse which I cleansed of rats. Remember one of the Tarant quests a guy by the docs asked you to clear out his warehouses of rats and you can keep whatever you find inside? Yeah, the warehouse (the main building) is LOCKED and the chsest inside are LOCKED so I use one to store all my armor/hexed items/stuff and the other as my medicine chest (I still got Jeyna Styles) where I keep all my potions/ingridients for Herbolody/Theraputics and misc crap...

Works for me... But yeah, (I haven't gotten it yet) but the Bates mansions KICKS ASS!! Too bad you can't climb the roof (Remember everyone BG:II? There was a castle there that was overrun and you could get on the roof to fight your way thorugh? Muahaha! Fucking fireballs blowing shit to the courtyardbelow! Man, BG:II wa such a violent/bloody/perverted game. On higher levels you could really BLOW THE SHIT out of things... Whoa, the good memories.... )

18. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

Oh yeah Proust, EVERY shop keeper regenerates new money and goods over night, so long as you are a couple of screens away from them as the day passes into the next.

19. xzavier

xzavier New Member

I've been using liam's workshop, it's got three containers(the chest is locked) plus a free bed to sleep in. It's kinda out in the boonies, but the random encounters while travelling back and forth are worth XP if nothing else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xzavier on 2002-04-05 17:06 ]</font>

20. Luinil

Luinil New Member

i never could make it out to liams workshop because im playing a throwing thief and went to dernholm and black root before tarant, of course once i finish in tarant, it should be no problem

Our Host!