question on magnus

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by legolas, Apr 2, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. legolas

legolas New Member

if i get magnus to join my group ,will it effect my mage skills? cause i think it would be cool to have a techy person

2. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

Magnus being in your group shouldnt affect your mage in any way except you will have a hard time healing him...

3. Piter

Piter New Member

is magnus actually useful for the story line after the p.sheuler section?

4. VoidVector

VoidVector New Member

There is a side quest involves him and another dwarf. You can do it without them, but if you do have them, they start a conversation and blahblahblah.

5. Maniac

Maniac New Member

6. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

Thank you maniac, Magnus is a freakin idiot. He got mad at me and left when I attacked the some slave creatures on a quest late in the game the one were you get the item for the pirate (im being vauge so as not to spoil) Anyway THEY started the attack. I ran in let combat start, droped a few fireflashes and he started that "hey why are we attacking good..... blah blah blah." I made him join abck with me, took all of his items to sell(not that I need it, i got $75k) and cast a big fat Disentagrate on his arse. It felt good. Oh and magnus is not as helpful as some would think. He stops gaining tech levels with the eyegear and guantlets. I know cause he was at level 50 when I acked him. And he's slow too. Ha :grin:

7. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

Some people think Magnus is an idiot who should be killed on sight. Others think he's an idiot and should be killed on sight and looted for his gloves. Again others think he's an idiot who should be killed on sight. :p

8. Piter

Piter New Member

do you have to have both dwarves in the party to trigger the quest?

right now, i just have magnus as a mule and a bench warmer for one of my follower slots (and just in case he triggers a quest). but i'm considering replacing him with gar.

i alreay missed three possible dwarves. couldn't convince either the isle of despair dwarf, or the dwarf king to join me. the only other dwarf i know of is the dumb mage at qintara which any self-respecting elf won't reqruit.

9. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

So let me guess, He should be killed(or mamed if you can) on sight and looted for his gloves. Got it? Time for the maming to begin

10. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Magnus is like a whore, use him while hes good, then throw him away. When he starts to be a liability, take him into a combat situation where he is sure to get slaughterd, a plus to this is you get all his shit. But be warned, if you do this, besure you tell your other followers to wait while he gets killed so they dont heal him. Or just kill him yourself.

Our Host!