Voults of folly Forum! The post on homosexuals in Arcanum.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YORI, Mar 31, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. YORI

YORI New Member

No problem Jinxed I think the forum works fine. I praised it in my last post. I hope all is forgiven and forgotten.

BTW

Do you know when the Mod. Deep15 comes out, and when it does will it appear here on Terra-Arcanum?

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

legolas I hate religious zealots. If you are seriously trying to pull that crap on me, you'd better hope I never meet you.

3. legolas

legolas New Member

too clear things up. somebody said after mesomething of the nature of burn the gay people. now to kill them would be wrong too. and their are a lot of cults out there that say that "god hates gay people". but god doesnt hate them , he just gets mad at them. the same when people sin . he gets mad at them but doesnt want to kill them.
    please dont get mad at my beliefs. for i dont get mad at your beliefs. and jesus never forced christianity on people , so i will do the same. you have the right to think what ever you think , but please dont get mad at what i think

4. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

Actually, if you read the post that was written after you it is talking about burning churches not gay people.

Second point: God does hate homosexuals. It says so in the Bible. Homosexuality is a sin in His eyes, you said so yourself. God hates sin, in fact there are many references to how much God hates sin in the Bible. God hates sinners. If he didn't he wouldn't have done all the things that he did (like destroying cities and the world for that matter (Great Flood)). So, if God hates sinners and homosexuals are sinners, then God hates them.

Yori, one point. It is okay to have a differing opinion. Just be prepared to defend it with a logical arguement, not non-sensical crap-slinging. If you come out flaming, you will be dealt with accordingly.

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I won't get mad as long as you don't shout all over this forum that being gay is evil and a disease. Simple.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Sorry, I just can't respect the belief that because someone is attracted to someone of the same sex that they should burn in hell forever.

Are you in some way comparing yourself to Jesus?

Vlad, taking into account your comments, it appears that God hates homosexuals, and considers them sinners, but isn't everyone a sinner? Also, doesn't it also say in the Bible that God loves everyone, but hates sin?

Another point: If (big if here) God created man, as said in the Bible, then how can he hate homosexuals? I mean, if He made us all, then He's blaming us for his poor workmanship. I mean, if you build something, and don't do it right, how fair is it to blame the thing that you've built for not coming out perfectly? I say he should blame himself, and not us.

Yori, I seriously doubt that you've been with two women. You don't act like you're old enough to have - Your initial spelling and grammar were poor, speaking of laziness and/or a poor or incomplete education (on your part). I doubt that any two self-respecting women would want to be with someone like that, especially at the same time, when not under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Nothing personal, by the way.

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

I probably shouldn't join the fray, but what the hell...

As an actual, real-life Bi Chick, I feel it's my duty to defend my right to be quasi-queer. I don't have a religion, because religion is screwy, against God's will, and generally biased. I do have faith, however. I know God loves me, as He loves all living creatures, because He created us. Homosexuality cannot be wrong, because God is infallible, and as such, cannot create a creature that is flawed.

On a final note, I don't doubt you had two chicks at once, I just question how much you had to pay them...

8. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Hmmm... Legolas might have something there.

Like maybe a head full of crap.

You think Sodom is about gay people? Uh... no. It's about *rape*. Go read the damn thing.

Secondly, if you think the Bible is exactly right on all counts, then we're ALL doomed to Hell forever.

Little thing called incest. Apparently God doesn't like it.

But think about it. Two humans to begin with, we all had to come from somewhere... yes, from incest in the second generation.

Think on that. Sounds like you get to burn right along with any gay people you happen to find down there.

9. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

why do i get the feeling this might be getting in the Vault soon ?

10. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

2 points...

1. God doesn't hate the sinner. He loves all his people. He just cannot look upon sin.

2. It says in the Bible, "Man and woman, created He them." I think this means that he created more men and women than Adam and Eve. Adam was just the first man with a soul. It also talks about the land of Nod. Remember the land of Nod? That's where Cain got his wife. Okay, Cain and Able were two of Adam's sons. Where did the land of Nod come from? Again, I think this is proof that God created more men and women to begin with than just Adam and Eve.

Etalis, I used to think the same thing, that where did the rest of the human race come from if Adam and Eve were the only 2 humans in the beginning, which would mean that brother and sister would have to have child. :wink:

11. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Don't you see? This shows that humans are mutants!

12. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

What?? Did you not read my post thoroughly?

What shows that humans are mutants?

13. legolas

legolas New Member

no jinxed i wont do that . i respect your beliefs.
    and god doesnt hate them, god hates the sin not the sinner

14. Maniac

Maniac New Member

If relatives such as brother and sister have a baby. That baby is born a mutant.

15. HexRei

HexRei New Member

I can't believe anyone anywhere still believes the creation myth. I mean, there is SO much evidence for evolution and virtually none that proves Creationism.
    Sure, there ar plenty of proofs for other elements of the bible, but come on, people... the earth is clearly more than 4000 years old.

16. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Well I am not christian but I believe in God. I think that what for God is a week for us it's million of years.

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Case closed. Thanks.

18. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Maniac, I haven't the foggiest what you're on about.

I wrote that in the Bible there seems to be some proof that Adam and Eve were not the "first and only two humans in the beginning." (That whole land of Nod thing)

You then wrote, "You see?? That proves that their children would be mutants."

?????????You flabbergast me... What proves that their children would be mutants? That Cain married a woman from the land of Nod, thereby increasing the gene pool and ensuring the further development of the human race to be healthy individuals? My entire post was to try to show why direct descendants from Adam and Eve would not be "mutants", as you so eloquently put it.

Read a post that you are replying to a little more cautiously.

19. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Hence the Bible ain't exactly correct, it's a metaphor.
    Sure that works. They got a lot right according to evolution... just not the amount of time between 'em.

20. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

No, they are born vegetables.
    As for god and how good he is and all of that. I would rather go with karl marx. Cause if we look out on the world today we can just see how much good things religion does today. hint: taliban and burka.

Our Host!