Racist Railroads and Damn tarantian ship captain.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Dragoon, Mar 29, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

First those bloody racists won't let me, a 100apt technologist, travel in their trains because I have a dog with me. So I go to docks but because railroads are so cheap that idiot captain from Tarant won't take me to Ashbury or Blackroot. I know I'm going to get a ship of my own later on but is there some way to convince one/both of them to let me travel me after all?

2. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

3. Eloc Knarfnos

Eloc Knarfnos New Member

Walking's better anyway since you'll get interrupted by critters, thugs and assassins so you can level up faster. Once you leave town and get the world map (out past the railroad, past the gipsy across the water, or out the back of the boil) "walking" is actually quite fast. By clicking on each side of the bridge in that direction you can walk to Blackroot as well as Ashbury.

4. Proust

Proust New Member

Dude, you can take the train with the dog, all u have to do is lie about it and tell them that you don;'t have one...

Worked for me at least... I mean hey! I was a pure mage decked out in arcane shit and i just walzted right by!

5. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

I was able to buy a ticket while i had the Dog with me, but when i tried talking to the conductor at the train, he wouldn't let me board. I don't think it matters if you lie at the ticket stand, the conductor makes the final call.

6. gamenut

gamenut New Member

You can do that with a pure mage character, but you have no way to get around it with dog.

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

As others already said it doesn't work for the dog since the conductor doesn't let you in. Even in the mages class.

Our Host!