my favorite bug (feel free to add your own)...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by rosenshyne, Mar 23, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i was on my way to thanatos, and i stopped in shrouded hills to rob the bank (i hadn't done it in the beginning, but i felt now was the time)... i left shrouded hills, then came back... but then, when i wanted to leave, there were men at the bridge, hated me, wanted to kill me, yada yada... i killed them, no problem... then the bug hit.

my entire journal went blank. all the dates were still there, but the only words left were my new reputation as the bank robber, and the fact that shrouded hills hated me. all my follwers turned bright green with love, and, worst of all, everyone i met from there on in attacked me on site. not just in shrouded hills. everywhere. tarant, stillwater, everybody tried to kill me... when i tried to reload my save game, i found that i saved after i robbed the bank, and the bug hit every time... i had to start over, again... i wonder if i will ever actually finish this game...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rosenshyne on 2002-03-23 14:05 ]</font>

2. Kandelon

Kandelon New Member

Hmm, how about the game freezing during the fight to help the doc. save the bank? Never caused me a lot of loss, but it hits me almost every single time! Once took twelve restarts to get by it.

3. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

All you have to do to fix this is to hit the space bar twice. I am assuming that you are in turn-based combat. You will miss an attack but you don't have to reload.

4. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

Fave bug ... tough one.

Most confusing is the one where you suddenly end up on the edge of the world (in the deserts of The Wastes), totally naked, with all your gear in a chest. This is a good candidate.

Most annoying is the one with the Dark Helmet where you can get evil real fast. And a corresponding one with the scourge where you lose the 60 odd evilness it gives you, even if you were 100% evil before you even got the sword.

There are no money bugs like in some other game :smile:

So I'd have to go with the teleport bug :grin:

5. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

The walkin on water bug
    One time I found myself on top of some water somehow and I was stuck there. Its one thing to get there but another to get back on shore...

6. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

OOH! The one when you quickload when you're travelling, and you get to play the game in absolute darkness, that one's always fun... Why else would I do it every single freaking time I play the game?

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

And I thought I had problems with Arcanum.

The only serious thing I had was the slow-down bug. Lately it's almost OK - if slowdowns do happen they're negligable in both frequency and intensification.

8. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I ended upp on the other side of the walls when i was in the tarantian sewers.

9. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

virgil runs through walls and stays there . asshole . you have to get out of the zone you;r in to get him out

10. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

For the slow down bug just turn off 3D-Acceleration and run arcanum from the "RUN" option. It worked for me.

11. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I ran into a bug when helping Doc with the bank robbers. I killed the robbers, and then Doc, some guards, and the constable started attacking me for no reason.

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

The "are you sure you want to quit" pop out question save game corruption bug is my favourite, it made me restart the game right at the end more than once.

13. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Let me ask you something,"Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?" I know I wouldn't feel lucky if that happemed to me!

14. Lethran

Lethran New Member

Sometimes that bridge of the world bug gives you a sex change!

15. WesleyMac

WesleyMac New Member

I cast agility of fire on virgil one time, then after combat it didn't go away for the entire game. He kept the bonus without the fatigue cost, but also that stupid drumming sound followed us around everywhere.

16. MetalWyrm

MetalWyrm New Member

After Helping Liam, I went back to his mother, to claim my damn prize.. but the damn woman wouldn't wake up. She was sleep walking.... invisible, and those waves from the hat came from her head.....
    killing her woke her up though :grin:

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i hate when they keep sleeping, and they don't ever wake up...

18. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

19. draconian_codex

draconian_codex New Member

No Money bugs, eh?

The best (and most beneficial bug) in the game is the one concerning collecting payment from Mr. Langsley for Madam Lil. Just tell him you don't trust him and he'll give you 200 gold and promise the rest 5 days later. Then repeat the process and he'll still give you 200 gold! You can make as much money as you want!

20. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I tried that, but it didn't work for me.

Our Host!