(probably) stupid question

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Deadly Bread, Mar 24, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

In the whitechurch murders quest, how do i get the dagger(i think it was a dagger, haven't done the quest since my first through) out of the lava? i tend to die when i'm burning, oddly enough...

2. OO179

OO179 New Member

Whyte Church murders

I don't know. After looking at all three of the murders and telling the guy about the name in green blood, he told me that it looked like i would have to fight a demon. I couldn't figure out anything else so I didn't mess with it anymore.

3. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

After that you talk to the demonologist in Tarant, and you figure out who the demon is and that you have to kill him with this special dagger or something, and you go to this cave where it is, but it's in a pool of lava, which has an annoying little effect of making you die...

...And that's how far i got before giving up.

4. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

My first char, who was good and charismatic, convinced the other band of travelers to fetch the dagger.

My second char, who was evil and had sold her soul to a demon, didn't bother to start the quest at all.

5. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i got the knife out of the lava myself, but i don't remember how... yes, i know, i not helpful at all... :sad:

6. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

There are two ways to get the dagger. If your CHA and PER are high enough and you spin a big enough tale to the band of adventurers outside, they will get the dagger for you. If not then you will have to go get it yourself. If you get in fast enough you get to watch the whole band of adventurers get whacked. It's kind of funny. Anyway, once you kill all the bad guys and get to the dagger go to always run mode. Click on the dagger and as soon as you pick it up click on the other side of the room. You will lose some health, but you shouldn't die.

BTW, welcome to the forum, Deadly Bread! :wavey:

7. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

How do you do it? fast, that's how, you *should* survive.

yeah, I saw them get slaughtered, wonder how they manage to get it when they do it for you...

And what Vlad,l you're not telling people about how 'unofficial' and 'welcoming' you are anymore? you barely even welcomed me there. :grin:

8. Vlad the Imposter

That's because I was duly chastised for posting welcomes too much. So, I have toned it down.

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I think the strange adventurers actually bring you the wrong dagger.
    There's a fake one in the dungeon.

10. Vlad the Imposter

11. Lethran

Lethran New Member

That's odd. I usually use the one the other adventurers bring to kill the deamon and it always works.

12. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Just carve upp all the sheeting masses and run past the elementals. Or if you are really though you could just kill yourself the way inn.
    There is a lava pit there that you can oppen just like a container.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Qilikatal on 2002-03-24 23:43 ]</font>

13. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

There are two daggers to be found in the dungeon. Maybe they both work, but if you have them identified, only one of them is the one you're supposed to use to kill the demon.
    I can't remember what the other one is, but I think it's hexed.

14. Brand

Brand New Member

In the lava pit in the far back of the cave is the dagger you need. I never had a problem getting it though. I just clicked on the lave pit and took it and left. I would lost some life, but it was minimum, though was at level 50 at the time. ^_^;

Our Host!