Charisma

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by GreyDog, Mar 19, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

..as the game progresses, how many points do you usually put into charisma & when do you usually add it?

2. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Alot for a persuasion character that neither fights nor can cast spells, some for a mage, and few for a warrior. That is the way I always do it.

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i have a thrower with master persuasion... i put points in dexterity and throwing first, up to 3 in throwing, then everything in charisma and persuasion...

4. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

this is for a half Ogre techie thats already spread a little thin...I was wanting to pick up another follower & was wondering how many points were needed for that?

(thanks)

5. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

followers is cha divided by 4 always round down

6. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

As you go through the game the first time, make a little note about the starting level of any follower you might want. As you get around that level, and near to the follower in location, start putting a few points into charisma to make sure you have enough then. It is actually pretty easy to get your charisma up fairly high early in the game just by making sure you put a point in DX and 2 in Melee and Dodge at the start. You should have few combat problems in the early game, ore golem being the exception. See other posts on how to deal with it. But other than that you should have few combat related problems until after you've maxed charisma.

7. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

That sounds like good advice..I'll have to use it on my next character, for now tho' I'll have to bump the next three into it...I'm at 23rd level already & wasted a couple on firearms before I realised a half ogre couldnt use a pistol!!

btw...what do you have to do to get sogg to join??

thanks again!

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

9. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

yes, my charisma is at 9...which I thought was good for a big ugly sucker:D

10. Dr. Mutato

Dr. Mutato New Member

You can get all the positive results for persuation with CH12, 3 levels of persuation and expert training. The only thing you can't do is the master quest. I usually make sure I have 1 level persuation and apprentice training before I leave Shrouded Hills. That way I can talk Luken into leaving, get experience and a fate point for that, then kill him and get more experience and another fate point. I try to have CH12 and 3 levels + expert persuation during my first stay in Tarant, so I can talk the Servant girl Laura into joining Madam Lil's. If you get the gypsy blessing from the fortune teller next to Madam Lil's, it gives you one point of CH.

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

you think so much more than i do... i scurry in your presence... :lol:

12. SteveTheERB

SteveTheERB New Member

Sogg

Will sogg join you if you're evil? Next time through I'll probably play an evil guy so I want to plan ahead a little.

Thanks

13. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

i don't think he will, he's considered a "good" character.

14. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Sogg is pretty neutral, and it's pretty hard to get to be that evil by the time you reach shrouded hills. Your evil alignment will have to be pretty high, considering I had a character who sold his soul get him. He might whine for a while, but he still follows you even if you turn towards pure-t evil. In my experiences anyways...

15. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i started a new character just to try and talk lukan into leaving shrouded hills... very funny! you get to ask him why he hasn't read the thieves' handbook, and he gives you gold before he leaves...

16. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

How much charisma/presuasion was needed for that? & what kind of character?

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

charisma 10, beauty 8, 2 pts of pers... just a normal starting character...

18. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

Thanks...I'll have to try that next time thru! although if it wasent for his friends armor I'd probably still be wearing a fine suit these days;)

btw...my half ogre is at 26th level & I havent put any points into persuasion yet..would it be benificial to do so?

19. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

That depends on how you want to play him. If you want to try to talk your way out of (or into for that matter) things then PER is the way to go. Also, Expert in PER gains you one more follower.

20. legolas

legolas New Member

right now im trying to get my charisma up thats the only way i can persuade soog the half the ogre to join me, and needless to say with my mageing and sword fighting virgils healing and his brute force im gonna be giddy like a little girl when killing those thieves at the bridge
    :: laughs evily::

Our Host!