Characters

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Maniac, Mar 13, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I've seen this done at other roleplaying forums. I liked the idea. We write skills, backround story and other things like that here about our characters we want to use. In this way we'll avoid some misunderstandigs. Of course you might want your character mysterious. So just post the things you want others to understand about your character.

Name: Richard Denson
    Race: human
    Apearance: tall, well built body, dark black hair, brown eyes. Usually wears formal clothes.
    Skills: master firearms, master melee, master dodge, aprentice lockpicking.
    Inventory: likes revolvers but inventory depends on the mission.
    Backround: trained in the police academy from 16 to 18 then went to the special agent academy and trained there for 7 years getting the best rank for an agent. From then he is working in the TEA
    (Tarant Enforcement Agency). He is well liked between his colegues but the superiors don't like him so much because of his rebellious character.
    Allies: TEA, Tarantian guards.
    Enemies: all criminals who aren;t afraid of him, gnomes involved in criminal jobs.

2. Flink

Flink New Member

Manaic... You do realize that there is only one master of a skill in ALL of Arcanum right?
    And you are the master of the three best skills :p

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Name: None. Known to people as Lendark.
    Race: Human.
    Appearance: No one knows apart from him.
    Skills: Firearms, prowling, lockpicking, spot traps, melee and dodge (all at varying levels of skill).
    Background: Orphaned at a young age, but learnt to survive from listening to street bums. Hired by someone once to steal, and gradually moved up the ladder. Is Tarant's, and quite possibly Arcanum's, best assassin, since starting out in the business 20 years ago with the job of killing of a thief. Has a strange respect for law enforcement agencies. Also likes the stars.

Allies: Nobody really. The ultimate loner and freelancer.
    Enemies: Again, nobody really. Never been caught, never been suspected, seen, but not recognised by anyone for who or what he is.

4. Maniac

Maniac New Member

5. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Sorry for the spamming. But if my idea's stupid then please say so. I like critics :grin:

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I feel a little stupider now for participating...I've got an idea though. Who wants to do a Fallout role-playing thread? Might be a little harder, but if it's done right, it would be pretty cool. Hell, we could turn all these forum threads into a collection of short stories if we wanted to.

7. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Yeah! A Fallout roleplaying thread would be cool. But I only played Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics :paranoid:
    My idea is that can post lots of your characters and use any of them. And you can only post the info you want others to know from and not post backround, apearance and or something else if you want it to be a secret and come out while roleplaying.
    See Jar I didn't blow up.

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Mmm, mebbe you didn't :smile:.

What do you guys think of persistent characters? Say a character survives a particular thread, what do you think of a 'sequel' thread so to speak?

9. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i think it's a wonderful idea... especially since i didn't have a chance to really join this thread...

10. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Interesting, o.k. but only if DU never and I mean never says Bad Arse Home Boy again. It is wrong is so many ways. :p

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

What we really need in the threads are continuity - it really sucks when somone is going along well then drops out.

12. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

Really now.

A Fallout thread on an Arcanum roleplaying forum?

*eyebrows arch*

13. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Yes we need a blood oath that participants will post at least once a day. Seriously it is a problem when you don't want to role play someone else's character and they are mia for a few days. I think it is only fair that if you want to post you agree to do so regularly.

14. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Hey oyarsa, why don't you ever participate in role-playing?

15. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

If only life didn't get in the way of life.

I'd love to but I usually keep an eye on things from work. Not a place I have the leisure time to write a quality post. The current hot thread has me reading intently when I get the chance, though.

16. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Oyarsa, you can't post from work? :rofl: where do you think the rest of us post from. well at least retard and vlad and me :rofl:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThreeDogs on 2002-03-19 15:20 ]</font>

17. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

Pay attention class.

Reread the second sentence of my previous post.

18. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

1. It was only a suggestion :smile:.

2. Half the people on the board are here because of Fallout.

20. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Not me...I saw Arcanum and it looked really cool and so I wanted to find a good site for it. And I found this one. I didnt too much care about fallout really(I know some of you will start saying shit and stuff but its the truth). I will rejoin a thread if someone starts a new one. For I can see you guys are getting really far with out me. I have a feeling I was just getting in the way. If you want me to stay out of the way just tell me.

Our Host!