How to destroy objects:steam engine for example??!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Julius, Mar 19, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Julius

Julius New Member

How to destroy objects:steam engine for example??!!

2. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Real simple. Bring up combat mode, and then hold down ALT and click the offending object. Be warned that most weapons are damaged in these attacks, but the axe doen't seem to be against wooden ones. Dynamite is also good. Just drop it in your hot bank, click on it, and click on the object. There are also plastiques, if you have the expertise to make them.

See if the imposter or his brethren do not do some gay, i am the self-appointed forum welcomer so welcome to the forum junk real soon. By the way, welcome. We kindly (and not so kindly at times) will answer any question you post.

3. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Welcome to rhe forum!!! pdsullivan, if you haven't looked lately, Rosenhyne has been welcoming for Vlad because he is unbvailable at the time.

4. Julius

Julius New Member

second question!

thanks for answer!
    my characters are struck on gaining experience
    when i bring up the character sheet
    the number of xp is same!
    virgil's xp does not gain bigger
    i have stolen all items from all
    merchants maybe this is the problem?

5. Julius

Julius New Member

does someone knows a GOOD arcanum walktrough?

i don't want to miss something in arcanum
    does someone knows a detailed arcanum walktrough site?
    where to download??

6. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

I would include Rosenshyne as one of Vlad's brethren. I have nothing wrong with anyone welcoming somebody to the forum. I would only ask that in doing so, they would answer the post as well. Vlad would all too often just say "as the self-appointed forum welcomer, it is my duty to welcome you..."blah blah without giving any kind of solution or answer to the post. Personally, I find that, er...

Any rate Julius, do not give one flip about what your followers show for their exp. They gain a level everytime you gain a level. Simple as that. They don't really use exp. to gain levels.

7. gamenut

gamenut New Member

That is supposed to be like that. When your main character levels up, then the followers level up with you.

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

now i'm a brethren? bah to you too, pdsullivan...

in any case, for a detailed walkthrough, go to the top of your screen. see the link that says "back to terra arcanum main page"? click on it. once on the main page, move your mouse over the topic called "library". underneath, you'll see an option for walkthroughs. click on it.

on the topic of welcoming, vlad usually would, but he's out of town, and i'm filling in...

"Welcome to the Forum, Julius!" :wavey:

9. Dr. Mutato

Dr. Mutato New Member

My son found out that if you attack the steam engine (attack mode + ALT) with no weapons equipped, you destroy the steam engine with your bear hands. You lose health radically but, you don't die. Eventually Virgil will heal you back up. I recently dicovered that you can use rail road spikes as weapons on the steam engine. You go through a couple and it saves wear and tear on your health.

10. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

Well, pd, I would beg to differ. If you look through the threads you will see two types of welcomes. The first is the type that comes after someone has adequately answered the questions asked. In this case I render the aformentioned welcome only. If the question is not answered, then they get the welcome followed by the answer to the question if I know it.

11. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

To Vlad

I am not trying to bash on you so much as I was criticizing, I guess, more or less how you handled the welcoming when you first took off on it. It drew attention to you. Opinions varied, but mine was a mix of slight amusmant and slightly greater irritation. I no longer care. I would think though, that for the person to welcome someone to the forum, it should be the person who first responds to the thread. Afterwards seems out of place to me, and perhaps me only. But go for it all you want, I shall bug you no more...

12. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

I would think so too. That is actually why I started doing it. I was hoping that some of the more seasoned posters would catch on. Some have, some have not. As a first time user of a forum I was a little itimidated by some of the more "senior" members of this forum. I can only imagine how someone not as thick-skinned as I would handle slightly rough treatment (which is sometimes doled out here).

I really enjoy this forum and wish for others to do so as well. With my welcomes, if I can get at least one person to feel comfortable enough to post, even if it is only to recieve a welcome, I feel it is worth it.

13. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

The way I always do it is this: I welcome newbies, unless they've already been welcomed.
    If I know the answer to a question, I answer it, unless it's already been answered.
    Personally, I appreciate anyone who welcomes the newbies, as it might help bring new blood into the Forum, and that's usually a good thing. rose, Vlad, and Koz are good examples of the sort of fresh infusions the group needs. There are others. Sorry if I didn't mention you.
    But it does become annoying when you check out a new post in Tips 'n' Tricks and discover that the thread has devolved into a welcoming spree.
    That sort of thing can become tiresome, and the people engaged in it will eventually become bored with it.
    Imagine how frustrating it must be for a newbie to seek out an answer and find instead that they have been welcomed 7 times.
    But no answer.
    For this Forum to bring in new members, it has to offer something besides friendliness. It should be THE place for people to go when they have a question. My suggestion is that every greeting should include an answer. If you don't know the answer, someone else will. If they don't greet the newbie, then go right ahead.

14. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

If you dont mind a newbie putting in his two cents worth....being made to feel welcome is fine, but if I'm in a forum called "hints & tips" I'm looking to have a question answered first, & a simple 'by the way, welcome to the forum' is more than I need to feel welcome. If everyone wants to say it, thats fine....if no one wants to say it, thats also fine because I'm probably more interested in getting back to my game anyway, but I dont mind if some one stops in just to say "hi"...as long as everyone doesnt.

Now on the other hand, if I'm in a general forum & I've started a thread introducing myself, then I'm fishing for welcomes & am waiting for you to pile it on...the more the merryer!!

In either case, changing the subject of someones thread is called "hijacking" & probably should be kept to a minimum;)

...just my opinion, hope I didnt piss anyone off!

15. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

16. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

This wasnt my thread, but thank ewe anyway:D

17. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Get a stick o dynamite and you BLAST that mother outta town

18. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: Or you can simply right click on any of your followers portraits and order them to attack any item or person that is capable of being attacked, stand back and enjoy the mayhem,oh by the way ensure you equip your follower with a rusty sword or some other equally compromisable weapon...Absolutely Fantastic!

19. Moke

Moke New Member

I know you can use the boomerang without any weapon damage (unless things have changed). I dont know if that goes for all thrown weapons, or jsut the boomer... i never really developed a thower so i havent experimented.

Our Host!