A Few Questions... Perhaps Answers for them?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by TDHCrash, Mar 17, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TDHCrash

TDHCrash New Member

Alright, i got Arcanum for my Birthday, and ive been playing it for a while... but ive had a few problems with it, more questions about the game.. here they are.....

1. How do you identify items?
    2. I have all the requirements for the game, but from time to time, it runs really slow, how do i fix it???
    3. How Do You Take In-Game Photos?
    4. Is There A Save Game Hack For The Game??
    5. I Want To Use Guns, But I Also Like To Use Magick, And According to the game NPCs, The "Tech" item ( Gun ) Will Break when the Magick is used, is this true? I Use A Rifle and a Fine Revolver, and i use the Colleges of Magicks Air, Water, Fire, Earth, Necro W&B
    & Summon.
    6. Is There Any Other Tips?
    7. Is It O.k. To Try To Learn all the Magicks? or Do One College Suck in particular?

Thank You

2. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

First of all it is my duty as the Self-appointed Unofficial forum Welcomer to welcome you so, "Welcome to the forum TDHCrash!" :wavey:

Take them to the wise women outside of Shrouded Hills, Ashbury, or Tarant and pay them 100 gold to identify items.

This usually happens in towns when there are a lot of people moving around. It is due to the graphics. I don't know if there is a fix. Maybe one of the more program knowledgeable people knows a fix.

Hit F12 to get a screenshot.

Yes. But you don't want to cheat do you?

Guns and other technological items will tend to fail more often if your magick ability is high. Have you noticed that you can't hit anything with you guns or that you seem to have a lot of critical failure? That's what happens when you mix technology and magick.

Stick to Necro Black, 3 points in Necro White (for major healing) unless you keep Virgil around, Force, and Temporal. You can only get Master status in one College. Summoning is rather useless because you usually have enough followers to help you out. I have found Air and Water to be pretty weak too.

A whole forum of them. One that is not covered very well is how to delete a post. Just hit the "edit" icon at the bottom of your post and then select "Delete Post". That gets rid of those pesky double posts.

You're welcome.

3. TDHCrash

TDHCrash New Member

O.k., here are some new questions, and thanks alot Vlad man.

1. How do Manuals Work, i have a Gunsmithy and a normal smithy manual, id like to know how to work.

2. True, i dont want to cheat, but i want to have two characters. where are the cheaters?

Thank You Again

4. Kandelon

Kandelon New Member

To use manuals just leave them in your inventory, they will automaticaly increase your ability in the corosponding field (this is useful for found skematics).

As for cheats, do an internet search or check around the main part of Terra Arcanum(this site)

5. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

You can also learndivine magic(level 5 divination). That will do the same as the wise woman outside of shrouded hills

6. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

That college is one that i would not recomend since it is allmost totaly useless and since the wice womans can identify your objects.

7. gamenut

gamenut New Member

For a dirt cheap price. Divine college is a useless college. Divine magic is the last magic in the college and it is definitely not worth the CPs.

8. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Since when has Vlad had or used insistence in getting people to go around welcoming newcomers? Such power is unwarranted...

9. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

And I had to post in that doubled one, damn.

10. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I had also posted in that one. I guess I'll type it again.

Welcome to the forum TDHcrash!!!

11. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

1. How do you identify items?

Goto a Gypsy or sell it to a merchant and buy it back

2. I have all the requirements for the game, but from time to time, it runs really slow, how do i fix it???

You dont, it does that sometimes, just restart the game, or ignore it

3. How Do You Take In-Game Photos?

I dont think you can

4. Is There A Save Game Hack For The Game??

Yes, I have it

5. I Want To Use Guns, But I Also Like To Use Magick, And According to the game NPCs, The "Tech" item ( Gun ) Will Break when the Magick is used, is this true? I Use A Rifle and a Fine Revolver, and i use the Colleges of Magicks Air, Water, Fire, Earth, Necro W&B

Yes they will break and/or hurt you depending on your aptitude, Spells also wont be as potent and guns wont be as accurate.

6. Is There Any Other Tips?

Read my Hints and Tips series

7. Is It O.k. To Try To Learn all the Magicks? or Do One College Suck in particular?

Its a complicated process but yeah you can learn them all. Phantasisum (sp I know) is probably the dumbest collage.

12. KAmbrose

KAmbrose New Member

Regarding game speed

I don't know if this will help you, but
    it made a big difference in my case:

Run the program dxdiag (From Start-Run... or a command prompt)

This is a DirectX diagnostic application, there are buttons to turn off acceleration, you should turn it off.

I know that turning off acceleration seems counter-intuitive for speeding up a game, but
    it made a *huge* difference for me.

Hope this helps.

Keith Ambrose

13. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

thanks for the suggestion, i'm gonna try that now...

AHEM...

"Welcome to the Forum, KAmbrose!" :wavey:

14. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

AHEM... at vlad's insistance, i welcome you, TDHCrash, to the forum... so there! :lol:

Our Host!