Resurrected Virgil's "new" leveling scheme?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Eloc Knarfnos, Mar 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Eloc Knarfnos

Eloc Knarfnos New Member

After reading the forum stuff about the trauma of having Virgil come back changed, I'm worried that I may have made yet another unfortunate choice in not visiting the Dark Elves sooner. My PC along with Virgil are at level 45 and he's just been resurrected. With the 1.0.7.4 patch installed, Virgil seems to have retained everything he had. My question is, does his leveling scheme change in such a way that should/would effect how I allocate my last few remaining character points? Also, am I likely to have to play well beyond reaching level 50 before Virgil (and my other followers for that matter) are skilled enough to get through the end game? It's not that I'm in any hurry to stop playing, but I'm anxious to get through this first game so that I can replay with a character whose early development wasn't squandered unproductively.

2. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

you do know that when you hit lvl 50 and stop gaining exp that your followers stop leveling as well? (they only level up when you do), if you want to start playing a second game go for it i had three different char's going at one time once.

3. Eloc Knarfnos

Eloc Knarfnos New Member

I was under the impression that the 1.0.7.4 patch makes it so that your followers keep leveling up but that your PC was still maxed out at 50. Is that not so?

4. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

i used the 1074 patch right from day one and they never leveled up on their own, anybody else have an idea?

5. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

As long as the 1074 patch was installed correctly, after lvl 50 you will still gain experience. It will accumulate normally. However, when you "get to lvl 51" and "level up", you will not gain a level but any follower below 50 will. You no doubt already know this. I found it to be true, but only on characters I created AFTER installing the patch. That may be your problem.

6. Brand

Brand New Member

I had the patch installed from day one but when I hit level 50 my followers stopped gaining levels. =(

Our Host!