Ore Golem...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by EliasK, Mar 14, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

As the Self-appointed Unofficial forum Welcomer I would like to formally welcome BigGatorGregg to the forum.

"Welcome to the forum BigGatorGregg!" :wavey:

BTW, are you a Gator fan?

2. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

I have returned from my self-imposed sabbatical from arcanum and this site as well. Most likely, the poster of this thread has long since stopped reading, caring, or already found a way to beat it. I would like to point out that he mentioned he was only lvl 15 at that point in the game, and though technically possible most of the solutions you mentioned (disintegrate and hand/rifled cannon making) come to mind as not likely to be accesible. The easiest way to beat the ore golems/seething masses early in the game (and perhaps later on) is to run out ahead of your pack of followers and get the golem to chase you. He is damn slow, and as long as you keep his attention, your followers will have time to whittle him down some. But if you get too far ahead of him, he might turn around and lay waste to a follower.

If your followers cannot adequately do damage to it, I would suggest going to Stillwater and getting a stillwater blade. You can use the blade to summon animals. Even with little or no magic aptitude you get wolves, which are like dog and can fight the golem more effectively than humanoids swinging melee weapons. They lack health, but since it doesn't cost any fatigue when casting them with the sword, it usually works well when they lead the attack.

3. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

I just finished that mission using a 15th level, 1/2 Ogre techie, Virgil & Jayna Styles...molitov cocktails were the trick here, problem is I had to leave & come back twice because I ran out of rags!

I got lucky with the seething mass in the armory tho'..I accidentily opened the door causing him to run to it, but he couldnt open it so I set down some dynomite & blew the door with him behind it! He ran into the hallway then allowing me to finish him off against the back wall with my last 5 cocktails!

*I think I'm gonna like this game*

4. gamenut

gamenut New Member

You will. Welcome to the forum Greydog!!! Vlad will welcome you later.

5. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

Thanks...after doing a little reading I figured I'd get a quick welcome, but I didnt think it'd be that quick!!

6. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I don't have anything else to do. Besides, I always welcome the new people. Expect a welcome from Vlad in about mabye an hour.

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

AHEM... under normal conditions, vlad would welcome you... however, he is out of town, and i am covering for him...

"Welcome to the Forum, GreyDog!" :wavey:

8. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

Well thank ye all...its much appreciated:D

9. Dr. Mutato

Dr. Mutato New Member

I have found that electrical attacks work well against ore golems. Either lightning or the tesla rod. Many times it just takes two good zaps. Unfortunately, these may not be available to a level 15 character. I usually don't attempt the Black Mountain Mines until I'm at least a level 20.

10. kcwong

kcwong New Member

With proper preparation, and the knowledge you gained here, you can do BMC at level 10.

The biggest problem is those animated rocks... with expert throwing skill, one can kill a Seething Mass with 5 Molotov Cocktails. All you need is 1CP in Explosive and 2 to 3CPs in Throwing, plus a pack mule to carry the stuff. Assuming you don't need to use them against other foes, you only need about 35 cocktails for BMC. Rags can be obtained from rubbish bins, and fuel is quite cheap (and you only need 35).

11. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

I was an apprentice thrower (1pt)..it took me about twice that to get thru, so I'd definately second your advice!

12. gamenut

gamenut New Member

He probably is. A certain spell named disintegrate will easily solve your problem with any beast. Ore golem or just about anything else if you are a migician.

13. Brand

Brand New Member

Just because...

I do not remember what level I was at when I did the BMC, it was pretty high. I killed all the ore golems with my large stash of fine steel daggers. Yes, fine steel daggers. I went though a lot of them, but I had a whole hoard of them from the now dead members of the Molocan hand.

14. Gunthor

Gunthor New Member

Umm, I don't remember the level I was when I went through the BMC caves, but I thought the best way was yo get some Maces before I went in there. They do a good amount of Damage, and I found that I was knocking the Golems out before I killed them. I think they have less fatigue than health. Also, Maces don't seem to take weapon damage, so I didn't lose any of them.

15. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Everywhere I go people are wasting weapons and fatigue on golems! Just use MAGICKAL weapons (mystic or arcane). They take no damage what so ever providing that you are magickally inclined.

Our Host!