How About An Arcanum Movie? Who should make it? Who should b

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS, Mar 8, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. HexRei

HexRei New Member

Or you could see the movie the game was largely based on. I think it's called Deathrace 2000, starring Sylvester Stallone and David Carradine.

2. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

I'm afraid I haven't seen that movie yet...

Mental Note To Self: Rent Deathrace 2000

3. BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS

BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS New Member

HMM.

To be honest, I'm surprised no one has tried to make Interstate '76 into movie!
    Or a new Mad Max-type movie for that matter!

4. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

and here i thought this thread was dead... i'm glad they haven't made another mad max movie... the first two were awesome (i love goose), but the third was all hollywood... if anyone tried to make one now, it would turn into some kind of mission impossible wannabe...

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

They did. It's called Waterworld.

Btw, Bortiis, you didn't answer my question.

6. gamenut

gamenut New Member

They made LOTR into a movie because it was a good book. They had no alternate paths, no good or evil main characters, or tech and magick. Even with all that decided, it would still cost a phenominal cost that the movie would probably not return on. Unless it was another Titanic. I hated both of the movies of Street Fighter.

7. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

rosenshyne, i think someone is making/going to make a 4th mad max, i can't remember where i heard that though, perhaps the sherrif's oh-so-wise ass could find out for us.

8. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

9. Sheriff Fatman

You'd be surprised how often I get that kind of comment.

10. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

*quote* You'd be surprised how often I get that kind of comment. *quote*

yeah, but in my own defense i'm usually pretty hammered whenever i say that

11. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

Just think of his ass as the fruit roll-ups of love.... ( can you remember where i got that from? )

Yikes , that was even worse then the original ! :puke:

12. BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS

HMM.

How is it that an Arcanum movie would have incredibly high costs?
    You gonna pay 20 million to each actor or something?
    How much do you actually think it costs to film something?
    This isn't the late 80s/early90s, it doesn't cost like $10,000/per-frame of some CGI animation anymore.
    I see low-budget hour-long TV shows that actually have good special FX (CGI and stuff).

As far as the whole path thing, my goodness, it doesn't take a genius to figure out solutions.
    YOU COULD have a second main character, a sort of "rival" to the main character, who has the same goal, except he/she takes the known "evil path". You know, like in "Raiders of the Lost Ark", Indiana Jones took one path, his rival (Bela, I think his name was) took another, but they both wanted to get the ark. There must be a gillion other movie/book/whatever examples of this.

If anyone is going to obsess about making a movie "exactly like the game" down to such ridiculous details (the various evil paths, figuring out how to put in all the side-quests, choosing technology vs. magick path, which chick character to have in the party, how can the main character "upgrade his stats", and other stupid-ass no-brainer-conceived things), then I'm not even going to speculate that you have mental problems: you just flat out do--you probably also wear an old StarTrek T-shirt, speak Klingon, and debate Federation history.

Anyways, I think it could easily be done.

13. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Is that Gerbil back eating your brain again Bortiis? I think I see it.... I think I see it..... Oh looky! Here it comes.... Wait for it.... Wait... Wait.....

There it is!!
    [​IMG]

14. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

why are you so obsessed with making us think this is a good idea, bortiis? it's not like any of us has the spare cash laying around to fund a home video, much less a big-budget feature film... except maybe gamenut... go bug the middle-schooler, bortiis, and leave us alone...

15. BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS

HAHAHAH.

Man, someone sure woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

You should ask yourself: "Why am I so obsessed with the dumb thought that BortiiS might be obsessed about making this a good movie?"
    Having a bad day, yes?

Don't look into the Sun if it hurts your eyes.

16. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

forget the bed, yesterday i woke up on the wrong side of the continent...

17. carlstar

carlstar New Member

you guys all suck so.
    someone says they like arcanum and how cool it would be if it was a movie and everyone acts like its the worst thing since pissing on an electric fence.
    it would make a cool movie. its a costume drama with magic and a gnome conspiracy.
    the main guy has to be human, so idiots can relate to it and it would be a guy because thats tradition and to change that would scare to many people.
    he takes a middle charismatic path (indiana jones esq.) it helps if the lead can talk and relate to the general public.
    being that its a movie you can forget the whole level up thing and get them too do what ever would make the story more compelling.
    it sounds like it would have to have notes attached too it though. im just assuming that we have a general cross section of the world here, cause your just all really stupid with no imagination or just being differcult because its bortis.

as far as actors go.
    i play the lead. get paid a mint. spend it all on crack and die during filming.
    as the main characters are already quite strong in style and personality its really just getting a look.
    Christopher Walken - is always good as a badass guy.
    johnny deep - would be a Good/evil main character.
    bill clintin - as gillbert bates. that would be gold. no no. fucken gold.

18. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

bill clinton :lol: see kids, thats how comedy should be done.
    nice to have you back carlstar

19. Sheriff Fatman

*hands carlstar a small, strong mint*

Thanks for your time. You can also have the lead role in our next project "Civilization the Movie." You get to play Ghandi, the evil oppressor of sig pic creators.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sheriff Fatman on 2002-03-21 03:16 ]</font>

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, damn, if Sheriff can't find it then...well, it might still exist, but Sheriff still can't find it.

Honestly though, studios seem to love making sequels these days, when the series should just be left alone. The Mad Max series could easily have been left alone after the second one. The third seemed unnecessary, and the fourth? Well, it had better be damn good to justify being made.

Our Host!