Ore Golem...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by EliasK, Mar 14, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. EliasK

EliasK New Member

OK! I'm in the Black Mountain Mines in the second level and I have just encountered my first Ore Golem...AND I JUST CAN'T GET PAST IT!!! :< Is there a strategy that works? A tip or anything? If I recall correctly I am 15 level with Virgil and Magnus as NPCs.

2. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

A little more information about your character might help. Are you magic or tech? And what spells/tech do you have?

Also do a search for ore golem as this subject comes up every once in awhile.

Oh and look out some wacko calling himself Vlad is probably going to show up and welcome you to the forum. BTW welcome:)

3. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

As Otto has predicted, I am here and I would like to say, "Welcome to the forum, EliasK!" :wavey:

Otto, who you calling a wacko? The welcoming is working! Everybody's getting on board with it and the number of first time posters is rising. I will take credit for that, thank you.

4. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

I'm jealous of your big gun Vlad:)

And btw what does you welcoming someone AFTER they post have to do with them making that first post? I think theres a flaw in your logic. If I were to put a cause on the recent rise it would the people got for Christmas presents or bought after it got the Game of Year of awards. But thats just me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-03-14 00:04 ]</font>

5. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Ore Golem is a highly magical creature... so you'll have a hard time trying to damage it with Tech weapons (balanced blade, guns, etc.) It also has very high damage resistance - so most if not all of the damage you delivered will be ignored.

Try using spells (if your PC is a mage), or use very strong Tech weapons (which is probably not available to you yet), or use neutral weapons - but most weaker swords won't work... try axe, hammer or those larger blades. Bows also work, but you'll need a lot of arrows.

If your PC can make grenades and have reasonable Throw skill, use them. Grenades are effective against Ore Golems.

Failiing all that, head to Ashbury and get the most powerful follower - Dog (Worthless Mutt). Though I won't recommend this one before you try other methods... as Dog is extremely powerful and might ruin game balance and spoil your fun at this point.

6. Bender_Dk

Bender_Dk New Member

if you have fireblast and a reasonable migick apt. you can take them out with a few blasts, watch your fatigue though.

7. Vlad the Imposter

It is big isn't it?

I think it is because they read through the other threads before they post. They see that we are being very friendly and welcoming. Therefore, they post without fear of flames. So there!! :razz:

8. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Pyrotechnic Axe is great. As mentioned above Dog solves the problem. Also more powerful guns can be helpful as well as explosives.

9. Vlad the Imposter

If you are tech, then one of the most inexpensive solutions is the malatov cocktail. It doesn't do much damage but it pushes them away and you can throw a bunch of them a round. If you can blow them into a wall they take more damage. This along with Dog (and Virgil to heal him) should do the trick.

10. hanji

hanji New Member

The way I got past him (and a lot of other tough bad guys I faced) was thanks to help of a dog I picked up in Ashbury. He was the strongest character I had throughout the whole game. He could take down just about anything in a few hits.

11. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

The way I got past that (Actually, there are about 3 of them) Ore Golem is with LOTS AND LOTS OF AMMO. Using my Fine Pistol, I chocked up with about 1000 bullets. Went in and ran backwards, shot, ran backwards, shot until it died. NOTE: It took about 300 bullets to kill the damn thing. Mainly because I missed a lot, also because I was doing bugger all damage to it. The other 2.... I planted dynamite, timed perfeclty, they come ot, get the dynamite and BOOM!!! Then it only takes 250 bullets to kill them :smile:

12. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

You know DU you could have just made the Rifled Cannon and put one down in 3 or 4 shots. Would saved a lot of time and ammo. You probably spent more on bullets than what the schematics and a few tech manuals would have cost you.

13. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I didn't know about the Rifled Cannon at that stage. I also don't think I had the schematics or the know how to make it. This was only my first time playing Arcanum after all....

*Makes a Mental Note - Rifled Cannon*

14. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Bender_Dk said:
    Of course I can!

I'm a human male, and I'm certain about it!.....

*take a peek*

.... yep, 100% certain!

15. Lethran

Lethran New Member

If you have Magnus, you can use traps to help wear them away.

16. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

if you go through the boil in tarant before you go to bmc, and join pollocks gang, you can get a hand cannon from him... they take out ore golems in about 3 shots... malatov cocktails are also good... of course, this only works if you're tech...

17. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

18. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

19. BigGatorGregg

BigGatorGregg New Member

To kill the golem

Just run away from him slowly and the rest of your party will run him down until finally he dies.

20. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Our Host!