Kree Offering

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Sana, Mar 12, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sana

Sana New Member

What offering is being asked for at the Kree altar? (Shakar)

it says 'handle of bone, blade of steel' so I assume its some kind of bone knife.. any idea where it is to be found?

-second question today, busting my ass on this chain quest =P

2. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

you need a kite sword or a bone dagger either one of those should do the job for you.
    kite swords can be found on (suprise suprise) kites, and orc bandits have bone daggers

3. Sana

Sana New Member

tried kite sword

I tried a kite sword.. there is a kite dagger as well?

Also, I've killed many orc bandits and have yet to get a bone dagger.. is it something I just have to stick at or is there some strategy to this?

4. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

If you are using the 1074 patch the kite swords won't work. Bone daggers are random on the orc bandits. If you want a sure thing go to the Bangellian Deeps and get one off of the critters running around there.

5. Sana

Sana New Member

Okay Orc Bandits dead x1000

Okay I've killed about 100 orc bandits and no daggers.. bug in 1074 or just super rare?

6. Gonk

Gonk New Member

No, they are very common. Be sure to check both worn items and the inventory on every corpse.

7. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

Sana, are you talking about random encounters with orcs while traveling around (the ones that demand money) or the two thieves down by the docks in Tarant that respawn every night?

8. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

You can find a bone dagger by going to Blackroot. At the entrance to the town, turn around and head away from town. Bear up and to the left. You'll run through the field, and eventually you'll encounter a flying creature. The creature has a bone dagger.

9. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

10. Sana

Sana New Member

I have been killing the orc bandits that demand money. You find them between towns while travelling on the world map. None of them has dropped a bone dagger, just rusty axes and swords.

I've also checked the orcs in Tarant near the docks and came up dry (no pun intended). I was not able to find your flying creature in Blackroot.

11. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Yup. I got my bone dagger from that creature too. Just go to Blackroot and follow the railroad. You'll see the railroad turn into a tunnel. Leave the railroad and head west (left side of screen). You'll find the creature then.

12. Sana

Sana New Member

awesome found it.. Last thing on my list before I stop feeling like a newbie here. Goggoth Pass? I've found no mention of it in the game as of yet.. if anyone has a good set of coordinates or how to trigger it please let me know. There is a coordinate listing for a Gorgoth Pass on Terra-Arcanum but its a bad one, there is nothing at that location.. at least nothing that I can uncover alone.

13. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

14. Sana

Sana New Member

I already checked it and tried it.. the location they list isn't good.. there is nothing there. If someone has done this quest before can you let me know the location you used to find it? I am using the newest patched version of Arcanum

15. Memnoch91

Memnoch91 New Member

What I do to go through Gorgoth pass is go as far into the flat looking mountain above the tall, round one on the world map. Then I go to the normal screen and run myself to the west until i encounter the mountains, then follow the mountains until I see the brightly colored plants, then I am there. :smile: Great place to level early in the game, just tough to get through with all the level 30 things in there. My method isn't great but it works. Just have to know where to look.

16. kcwong

kcwong New Member

The co-ordinates on T-A's data bank is very useful here...

On world map, go as near to the co-ordinates of Gorgoth Pass as possible (since the mountains are blocking your way, you may not be able to travel to the exact point). Then open the area map (back to game screen). See if you can find the entrance of the pass - it's made to be very obvious, with some bushes and trees around a dirt path.

If you find it right away, then bingo. Otherwise go back to World Map screen. Again move your cursor to the stated co-ordinates of Gorgoth Pass (use the indicators on the right side). Then compare the cursor to your current location (X). For example: the X is SE of the cursor, then go back to game and travel NW.

Repeat until you see the entrance on game screen... that's how I found the Gorgoth Pass.

17. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

There are also bone daggers aplenty in the Caladan sewers

18. Lethran

Lethran New Member

You can also use the axes with the skulls on them that you can buy from gypsies.

The Gorgoth Path is easily triggered from the caladon side of the mountaons. Go to the coordinates and there it is.

If you use the search method already mentioned, be careful. You can mess up the main quest if you do certain things too early.

Our Host!