Truly Wasted Celluloid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sheriff Fatman, Mar 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

"drinking human excrement" that is pretty funny you know :smile:

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Dammit, Bortiis, stop posting stuff I agree with. I object on the grounds that I wish to maintain an unreasonable grudge against you.

I agree, very strongly about all the films you mentioned, particularly Mortal Kombat 2. Apart from all it's other flaws, they seemed to neatly avoid filming any actual fight segments. Just as a neat move was about to be performed, they swung they cut to something else, to avoid highlighting the lack of abilility of the cast or stunt crew.

The one I disagree about is Alien 3. I thought that was a good film, and would have been even better if they hadn't made the abomination that was Alien: Resurrection, making a mockery of Ripley's sacrifice.

I also liked it because the penal colony was full of criminally minded, exiled Brits - kind of like Australia.

*runs like a girl in the opposite direction as he sees Jar approaching*

3. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

it's not J i'd be afraid of fatman, you just back off now alrighty :evil:

......even if it is true :wink:

4. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

With Bad Taste actually being a good b-movie and stuff, I think the worst movie I have ever seen was "Friday the 13th Part 3: 3D"...

You can read a review of it here.

5. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

okay, worst movie ever, that was oddly fascinating: Knock Off, starring jean claude van damme as a fashion designer who's pants design gets stolen and made into explosives... even better, his side kick is rob schneider, who actually had fight scenes...

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Anyone watched "The Crossroads" With Britney yet? I'm sure it's one hell of a movie. :smile:

7. BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS

BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS New Member

UH.

For the record, I thought Austin Powers 2 was pretty weak. Lots of good ideas, it was all hype, too much bathroom humor (the tasteless kind).

Alien3, Fatman, WAS a good movie, but I thought it was weak because yet again you have a bunch of stupid Humans with no weapons and just running around getting killed one by one.
    They should not have made Alien:Resurrection, OR, they should have made it, but with completely new characters. While I liked Sigourney Weaver in that movie (she's a great actress), the material was rather weak and below her, I mean, it was a CHEESY movie not sure of what it wanted to be.

IF YOU WANT to see an old Peter Jackson (the guy who made the Lord of the Rings movies) movie, then rent "DEAD ALIVE" (aka "Brain Dead" in AUS/UK I think).
    It is probably goriest movie I've ever seen, but it was also pretty entertaining, even funny. A rather charming, original take on the whole "zombie-army" horror-flick genre (I like when the priest sees the punks defile the graveyard and leaps into a karate stance and goes,"I kick ass for the Lord!", and then unleases some kung-fu on them.)
    If you liked the Evil Dead movies, you'll love this one.
    He also did another movie called "Heavenly Creatures" (early Kate Winslet movie), about two psychotic-homocidal-lesbian-teen-delusional-schoolgirls. Kind of a strange movie, actually pretty good and "different" (it had good special FX); I MEAN, what other movie let's you see some girl getting chewed out by a school official and then he gets sliced in half by a talking Human-sized clay nobleman/knight who appears out of nowhere?

Peter Jackson must be doing some good drugs (that Shire-weed???).

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

heavenly creatures was sooo wonderful... and i think it IS actually called dead alive in the u.s....

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Heavenly Creatures and Brain Dead are now on my list of videos to rent this week.

(Never thought I'd say this, but) Thanks for the heads up Bortiis.

10. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Any one of you seen that movie with that kid who refuses to grow, and who caries this metal drum with him. Was originaly a book. That film is sick!!!! It is a german film.

11. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

You're gonna love Brain Dead. It's the best :stoner: movie. I watched while sober though.

12. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

That's what I though the first time I saw "Bad Taste"...

I wonder what "Lord Of The Rings" could have been like, if he had been in his "Horror B-movie phase" while he made it...

13. Gonk

Gonk New Member

I don't know if Brain Dead should be called a B-movie. The acting in it is a bit too good for that. I liked Alien: Ressurection, but the background to it really stinks. Couldn't Sigourney have played a relative to Ripley instead or something?

14. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Quicktail- The book was the Tin Drum by Gunter Grass I can see how the film might have been gross. Did it have the sceen where he puts on a carpet and screws this woman who thinks he is the devil?

Our Host!