Workplace Dares

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milo, Mar 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Milo

Milo New Member

Inspired from DarkUnderlord's What do people do at work when they are bored? thread.

I got this e-mail the other day listing some workplace dares. I'll post up what I think are some of the funnier ones from the e-mail, and then we can all add our own to the list.

• Run one lap around the office at top speed.
    • Groan out loud in the bathroom cubicle. (At least one other "non-player" must be in the bathroom at the time.
    • Phone someone in the office you barely know, leave your name and say "Just called to say I can't talk right now. Bye."
    • Leave your zipper open for one hour. If anyone says anything, say "I really prefer it this way."
    • Walk sideways the whole day.
    • While riding the elevator, gasp dramatically every time the door opens.
    • Say to your boss, "I like your style" and shoot him with double-barreled fingers.
    • Page yourself over the intercom. Do not disguise your voice.
    • Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink directly from the nozzle. (There must be "non-players" in sight)
    • At the end of a meeting, suggest that, for once, it would be nice to conclude with the singing of the national anthem. Bonus points if you actually launch into it yourself.
    • Walk into a very busy person's office and while they watch you with growing irritation, turn the light switch on/off 10 times.
    • While in a meeting, slap your forehead repeatedly and mutter "Shut up, damn it, all of you just shut up!"
    • At lunchtime, get down on your knees and announce "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again!"
    • Come to work in army fatigues and when asked why, say, "I can't talk about it."
    • During an important conference call, end every sentence with 'mon' in a really bad Jamaican accent. As in, "The report is on your desk, mon."

2. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I've actually done the first eight.

I've also danced with the CEO's wife at the Christmas party. I felt her up, too. I was drunk. She was old, and I think she appreciated it.

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

that's just disturbing in too many ways for me to handle...

4. gamenut

gamenut New Member

This isn't at work, but at school come out of the dressing room after gym butt-naked and try to pick up one of the girls. Scary huh? Oh by the way. The thing about feeling up on people. That is very sick and disturbing. You need a lot of help.Seriously A LOT of help.

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Well, at least it wasn't a sheep......

I'll add my own to the list but it's kind of specific to me. I work in Parliament House in South Australia and everytime there is a sitting of the House of Assembly (lower house) or Legislative Council (upper house) a really annoying bell starts ringing which summons all the MPs to attend parliament. So for fun I could:

• Ring the bell when Parliament ISN'T supposed to sit, thus summoning all the MPs to their chamber only to find out that they're not supposed to be there.
    • OR disable the bell, so that when they TRY to ring it, it doesn't work. Thus, Parliament would never sit again and the state would go to hell.... Well, it already has, but hey! Why not add some more confusion?
    • Change the bell so that instead of a high-pitched buzzing, I wire it up to a sound system that plays some kind of hard-core rap or heavy metal music.

Of course, I'd like to keep my job.... So uhhhh... Perhaps I won't do any of this...

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, speaking of that last point DU, where I used to live overseas in the Middle East, the mosques blare out the prayers at certain hours of the day...and on Monday nights, I used to play soccer right near the mosque.

Anyway, apparently before I got there, someone sneaked in one day and replaced the prayer tape with a Prodigy tape...that would have been fucking funny to see (or hear) :smile:.

Milo I love getting e-mails like those. They have some hilarious stuff in them sometimes...I'll try to find the link to a page I found once with "30 Things to do at Wal-Mart".

7. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

8. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

How about variants on the "Insert [PHRASE] into conversation with boss" as a dare?

Phrases I'd like to nominate, since they didn't go down too well when I used them with my boss:
    • "That's like shitting in a bag and asking someone else to dispose of it."
    • "By 'better for the company' I assume you mean 'better for you, rather than me.'"
    • "I don't see why I should do it. It's like trying to get a badger to herd sheep."

Feel free to nominate your own phrases.

9. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

"what?, i've been drinking since i started work, i can't do that."

10. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

:lol:

I have actually done something like that. Close to where I live, there is a rather large muslim minority. (A large minority???)

One night, me and my friends replaced their prayer tape with a tape containing German schlager hits!

Thank God they never caught us...

11. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Call over the intercom and make the teacher in one classrom come to the principole.
    If you are having a very noisy and stupid teahcer turn on the intercom to be for all of the school and piss him of so he can be heard all over the school while he is yelling at you.
    Fart into the intercom. Been there, did that, got the scars.
    Turn the sound on someones phone to maximum and call when the teacher is about to make a wery important point.
    Steal the teachers keys and lock him and the rest of the class into the classrom.
    Start to hit the person that is sitting next to you because he is beeing a jerk right when the teacher is speaking of world peace.
    Tapping constantly with a penn until someone tells you to stop, wait ten seconds and continue then when they tell you to stop again, start drumming with your fingers. This can go on for enternity. Did it for a whole hour and got myself a rather blue shoulder and the teacher hated me for the rest of the week.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Qilikatal on 2002-03-09 16:30 ]</font>

12. Gonk

Gonk New Member

In India that would probably resulted in a riot. i mean concerning the amount of offence they take at someone pissing on a mosque what wouldn't German schlagers result in?

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Pissing in a holy place is so much worse than playing music in one...

There are some things you just shouldn't do, and pissing in a church/mosque/temple is one of them.

14. Gonk

Gonk New Member

It was a metaphor for how horrible German schlager is.

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Okay then...it's just that I knew someone who actually pissed in a church...it was an abandoned church, but it was still a church...

16. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

Here in Denmark we have had cases of satanists pissing, painting pentagrams and "666" and burning bibles in churches.

Heck, some people at the school 200 metres from my house actually stood up on a table and burned a bible during a chemistry class...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kozmo_Naut on 2002-03-09 17:44 ]</font>

17. Gonk

Gonk New Member

Makes you wonder whether they have been subject to child-abuse or just feel they don't get enough attention.

18. BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS

BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS New Member

HMM.

I don't even remember all the stuff I did, I was always rather, behaved, well, no, I did screw around.
    One time, we had a "60s Day", where everyone was to dress up like hippies and stuff, including the teachers.
    One teacher had a big peace symbol on his chalkboard. Before he came in, I went and erased it and put a big anarchy symbol instead. He got a bit pissed and really wanted to find out who did it. No one said anything.

In movie theaters, I when the lights would dim out and during that sort of dark-screen "pause" between previews or whatever, I would do cricket sounds (I can do them very well).
    I used to do bird sounds in class at school, and one teacher actually started looking around the room for a bird! HAHAHAH!

At pep (prep?) rallies, when all 1-2 thousand people filed into the main gym/court/stadium, between dance-routine/presentations/events, when everything...would get real quiet...and silent, I would shout out real loud...from up in one of the highest rows,"WHAT THE FUCK?!!!"
    I have a deep voice, which helped the echo spread throughout and then everyone would look up thinking some freakish thing just happened and I'd also look up behind me so they didn't know it was me. My friends around me would also look up and around like,"Who did that?", to play along.
    It worked rather well.
    Teachers would manuever into the area looking for the person who did the shout but then retreat back down. Then, maybe twenty minutes later, I'd do it again or something.

We also would sometimes create a small mosh pit at rallies and "launch" people up into the air or have them "float". The cheerleader squad would be showing off their new routine and we'd act like we were all into it and do this, it was hilarious.

HEHEHEH (it's all coming back to me now), one time, one of my friends convinced the school to let a band come and play at lunchtime on this large natural-auditorium-shaped lawn, telling them they were a "Christian band". They were a Christian band...a Christian DEATH METAL BAND!
    People flocked to see them and were like,"Cool! A Christian rock band!"
    The music starts: crunch-crunch-crunch,"RARGH!!!!-crunch-crunch-crunch-crunch!
    There was a huge moshpit. The teachers shat their pants and ran over to break it up.
    They then told everyone they could not mosh.
    The band wasn't too happy with this.
    When it came time for their last song, they said,"This is our last song! Get the pit rolling!"
    Super-sized moshpit.
    The teachers had to fight through the moshpit to the stage, one fell on his ass getting over the railing, and then yanked the mic from the singer.
    I guess they didn't like Christian music?
    HAHAHAH!

We read the book The Great Gatsby (I just skimmed through it and still got an A on the report) and were told to draw a picture of a scene from the book...and then they would post them on the walls of the classroom.
    Being the talented artist I was, I drew a picture of Margo (or whatever her name was), getting hit by Gatsby's car (when that other chick was driving.
    When we read Ethan Frome, we were asked to do the same thing, I drew a "gorified" picture of the tragic sleigh-ride accident (eyeballs flying out, heads smashed into trees, etc.).
    Funny crap. Even funnier, was that the teacher still posted them up and gave me a good grade!
    That guy must have been psycho or something.
    HEHeHEhEHeAhahAHaHAH!

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

That's some funny stuff Bortiis. Too bad nothing like that happened often at our school...in fact, it was pretty damn rare...

20. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

When we got our confirmation the priest gave us each our bible. A friend of mine used the whole bible as sigarettpaper. I left mine on te floor and forgit that we had a puppy at the time he spread it all over the floor. Not a big loss.

Our Host!