Sigs! Git Chore Sigs Heyah!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milo, Mar 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

Lieberkind macht spaß!

I'm way ahead of ya! (I have the registered version...)

|
    |
    |
    |
    V

2. Milo

Milo New Member

Ok, here are the ones I came up with so far:

Jinxed:

[​IMG]

Vlad the Imposter:

[​IMG]

YeaYea2001:

[​IMG]

And a note to Jarinor: I changed the filename for your sig. You can grab the new address from the image below.

[​IMG]

Ok, now... We got Kozmo_Naut, gamenut, Amos Trask, and Fatman's avatar still on the table. Oh, and Dragoon (if you're reading this), I tried with your sig, man, but I couldn't come up with the changes that you wanted. I could try for something different, but I think the image you're using now looks pretty good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milo on 2002-03-09 15:34 ]</font>

3. Milo

Milo New Member

Here's the other one you wanted, Jinxed. Plus I resized the original one so it wouldn't look so huge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and I missed your post up there, enygma. I'll do one up for you too.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Isn't it hari-kiri? Or is that the act of disembowling oneself?

5. Gonk

Gonk New Member

I think hara-kiri is the blade used for seppuku. Not completely sure.

6. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

Seppuku is the act of disemboweling yourself, while hara-kiri is just a general term for an honorable suicide.

Fact: Tim Cain threatened to commit seppuku if Arcanum wasn't released in May...

[​IMG]
    You think your site is tough?
    Try The T'inator!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kozmo_Naut on 2002-03-09 17:41 ]</font>

7. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

Milo, I like that. Been reading the GC thread have you? If you could PM me with the details of getting it set as my sig. Thank you very much.

8. Milo

Milo New Member

Glad you like it, Vlad. The original one I was going to do for you was really bad, but I couldn't think of anything better. That is till I noticed the Gun Control thread.

In a fit of creativity and originality, I was going to a pic of Vlad the Impaler with some animated text. Across the bottom, it would read "I vant to drink your blood". Then the text would flash "NOT!!!", and a big "cross-out" symbol (think the "no smoking" signs) would appear over the pic. Then the text "Vlad the Imposter would appear. I know... *groan* worthy.

Anyway, rather than PM you, I'll just post the instructions here just in case anyone else has trouble.

Right Click on the picture that I posted. In the menu that pops up, you should see something like Properties. It's "Properties" in Internet Explorer, anyway. Click that, find the URL and highlight it. Right Click on the highlighted URL and select "Copy".

Then, go into your profile and scroll down to the signature field. Right Click and Paste the URL that you copied into this field. Then enclose it with the IMG tags. For example, Vlad's would look like this:

[-img-]http://www.daliz.com/images/hosted/vlad_sig.jpg[-/img-]

Make sure to take out the "-"s in the IMG tags.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milo on 2002-03-09 19:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milo on 2002-03-09 19:52 ]</font>

9. Vlad the Imposter

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I always thought that hari-kiri was where you got a knife, jabbed it in your gut, cut upwards like 10 cm, then cut a circle...and if you made the full circle, it was a matter of great honour or something like that.

Is it possible that hari-kiri and seppuku are the same thing, just different names?

11. Vlad the Imposter

12. Milo

Milo New Member

This isn't really a sig; It's Sheriff's avatar. Posting it here to see how it turned out...

[​IMG]

I hope the text is readable... It took me a long ass time to do it.

EDIT - Urgh, the transparency looks like shit. I'll work on it later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milo on 2002-03-10 00:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milo on 2002-03-10 00:48 ]</font>

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The text is a little hard to read - I only could because I knew what it said...try increasing the size a little if you can.

14. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Sorry it's turning out to be a pain, Milho. Seems like everyone has been asking for stuff from you recently. I expected you to have folded like a soggy house of cards before now :wink:

15. Milo

Milo New Member

No can do. The size limit for avs is 120x120, so that's as big as it gets. I had to use a "squished" font like that in order to fit all the letters on the badge.

Folding is not the Ninja/Bullfighter way... Besides I learned something new, namely text on a curve (woo hoo!).

I made a copy of the badge with all the text stamped out. If you can come up with something besides "Battle Donkey Mounted Division", I should be able to fit it in a little better. Make it a little more legible at that size. Now that I know how to do it, it shouldn't take much time.

16. Raist III

Raist III New Member

Hey Milo can you please make one with Gambit from the X-men. the only ones I can find are really small.

17. Vlad the Imposter

Hey Milo, why don't you just put "Battle Donkey Division"? The "mounted" part is assumed anyway since Sheriff is usually mounted on his ASS.

18. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

*rising above the insult (by using a cushion)*

If taking out the "mounted" makes it workable, go for it. If it still needs to be shorter, abbreviate "Division" (to "Div." I suppose). If it still needs to be shorter, you'll need to consult the oracle yourself. Be sure to lean into the cavernous orifice when it expels its wisdom on a wave of putrescence.

19. Vlad the Imposter

Milo, seriously, I think that Sheriff's soon to be avatar kicks ass. No pun intended. :cyclops:

20. enygma

enygma New Member

Our Host!