PLEASE HELP CANT GET TO CALADON

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by spaz69, Mar 8, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. spaz69

spaz69 New Member

ive tried eveything ive read i need the dark elf book but i cant find it ethere i went to the library tarant and looked i even pick pocked the women there and she dont have it im starting to dislike this game

2. Calis

Calis Member

I'll be moving this thread to the hints & tips section at some point.

The easiest way to get to Caladon is by boat: just pay a captain in the Tarant harbor to take you there.

3. spaz69

spaz69 New Member

caladon

i tried getting a ship to get a ship to take me to caladon but they will only take me to ashbery or blackroot

4. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

try talking to virgil, what does he tell you should be doing and try doing that.

5. spaz69

spaz69 New Member

ive talked vergil already

vergil told me to find the book i cant fin the book ethere its not in the library and i pickpocketed the women there and she dont have it

6. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

shit, i can't remember i haven't played in weeks, try looking in the walkthru on the main site, sorry.

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

talk to the librarian (the library is behind the university), he should give you another book which mentions where the book you need is: you need to find the author of this book. go to the census lady, ask her about the author. she'll tell you to look in caladon. now you can take a ship.

p.s. take a shovel to caladon, you can't buy one there.

8. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

9. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Ya, Bingham's shovel. Whack the dwarf in the graveyard and you got yourself a shovel. And probably a couple suits of Caladon mail b/c you had to kill the guards there as well.

10. spaz69

spaz69 New Member

ive tried everything

Nothing works im goin to be pis/off if i cant get to caladon soon

11. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Aickk!
    When talking to Raven about her mother's visions, she will mention Caladon and the name Renford Terwilliger. You can go back at any point to talk to her about those. Go to the archives in Tarant, ask for help in locating an individual, ask for the census 50-100 years ago. The clerk mentions Terwilliger and will give you the obituary notice. Ask the librarian if she has horror of the dark elves. She will give you a book by Kendrick Wales called the curse of T'sen Ang. It will mention, if you read it, that Victor Misk of Caladon has the last copy of the first book. That should allow a ship captain to take you to Caladon. If you've already done this, and no go, you might be screwed. But try talking to Kendrick Wales in Ashbury. It's worth a shot.

12. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

Here, I will make it easy for you. Find Stringy Pete. Kill him, or complete his quests and get his boat. Then you can go to Caladon.
    You can find the coordinates for Pete on the TA site walkthoughs.

13. solecism

solecism New Member

SPOILERS

I have the same problem as the OP. I found the story of Terwillger really early in the game (right when I got to Tarant for the first time). It was weird, I picked up this newspaper about Terwilliger and all of a sudden I got a blue-marked quest in my log, to find the book Terwilliger wrote. So I went to the library, found Kendrick Wales' book about Terwilliger, and even talked to Kendrick himself in Ashbury. Kendrick wasn't saying anything about dark elves, so I figured I must be ahead of where I was "supposed to be" in the game.

Now I've been to Qintarra, and it's the proper time for me to go to Caladon and find the last copy of Terwilliger's book, but I can't book passage on the Tarant ship. The problem is that I killed the clerk in the Hall of Records a _long_ time ago, so I couldn't get told to find the book, so the quest never started (even though I already have the book!)

I hope the plot hasn't been broken - I'll try Vlad's advice of finding Stringy Pete.

14. Contemptus

Contemptus New Member

I sounds like spaz just needed to read the book the librian has.

15. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Caladon is lousy with shovels, but while there are 4 in town, there are non for sale.

I believe that every piece of information she has is in those file cabinets in the Hall of Records.

Perhaps by going through those cabinets?

Usless without the right trigger.

He can be bribed. Collecters take note, this is the only named shovel in the game.

16. Zorque

Zorque New Member

Anyone notice that this was extreme gravedigging?

17. solecism

solecism New Member

Yeah, I already went through the cabinets a long time ago - too early for the trigger to be properly set, apparently. Anyway, I found Stringy Pete, did his stuff, and now I'm in Caladon. Thanks everyone!

I wonder what happened to spaz back in March 2002 - did he ever get to Caladon?

18. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

solecism, it would be appreciated if you didn't respond to post's that are quite as old as this one. it's nearly a year old so i don't think that spaz is waiting for an answer. if you could not respond to anything older than 2 weeks would be good, it tends to upset the natives*, but thank you for trying to be helpful and welcome to the forums :wavey:

*by natives, i mean jar..... he get's cramky sometimes, but soon you'll love him like we do......... not. :lol:

19. Contemptus

Contemptus New Member

He wasn't really responding, he was saying he had the same problem, and it was a lot more condusive to figuring out the problem by posting to this thread than it was to start a completely new thread about the subject.

20. Zorque

Zorque New Member

Aren't we already debating this in the general discussion board?

And I believe your best response was

Our Host!