Sign the Fallout 3 petition! Over 10000 people did already!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jinxed, Dec 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

When Fallout 3 hits the shelf.... I will be most sceptical... Certainly I would like to purchase such a game, but Interplay...... Well.... I am a cynic. I believe the chances of Interplay in conjunction with Black Isle Studios making such a fantastic RPG experience as to rival not only Fallout 2, but the original Fallout, are slim.

Particularly after wasting my money on a piece of utter sheit such as Fallout: Tactics.

Never-the-less, I would probably buy Fallout 3 even if it was crap... Because I'm like that :grin:

2. Erok7

Erok7 New Member

Fallout and Fallout 2 need to be followed up

I know it can be even better than the first two

3. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

4. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

What makes anyone think that Interplay will even be around long enough to make a new game?

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

6. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

7. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Yeah, but they're only rumours. How solid do the rumours on that site generally turn out to be?

Thanks for the link, Otto. That's an interesting site, there. The troubles affecting Interplay and and Infogrames make me wonder how difficult it is to make money from game development.

I can see that Infrogrames could be suffering from over-extending last year, but what's the deal with Interplay? Why are they having financial trouble?

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Probably because they spent so much time and money developing games like TORN, BG2 and FOT.

9. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Interplay have spent a lotta $$$ on developng games trhat have been axed half-way through (as far as my little knowledge is aware). Things like STonekeep 2 and so on... All projects that were dumped in the middle of developemtn. Now that can't be too cheap to do that can it?

Hehh.... Actually, if you want to know, I reckon SAint Proverbius would be the one to ask. He seems to know a hellovalot about Interplay nad the financial situation.

I AM THE SPEELING-MARSTER!!!

10. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

If anyone knows anything about NASDAQ check into the stuff about Interplay being delisted. Apparently their stocks are down to around 20-30 cents a share and their overall worth isn't high enough to be listed on NASDAQ. They still have X amount of time to meet NASDAQ's requirements or they will be delisted.

Who knows maybe they can pull their shit together and make a comeback but right now things look shaky. And I doubt if trying to screw over Bioware is going to make them anyones first choice for a publisher.

11. Cruor

Cruor New Member

Well I've signed and now there is 9386 signatures so far... I really hope Black Isle or Interplay makes a third edition to the best RPG gameseries ever FALLOUT!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cruor on 2002-03-07 16:06 ]</font>

12. gamenut

gamenut New Member

ONE of the best. I have run into so many bugs in Fallout 2.I went crazy trying to remember how many times it froze up/crashed.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

14. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Do you mean the one that cut the car in half?

15. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

My favorites were getting trapped in the boxing ring in New Reno. Even happened a few times after it was "fixed".

And even more weirdness with the Chinatown ring. Did you ever accidently kill one of the fighters while you were being tested? If you did his body would stay in the ring and then everyone else you beat would stay in the ring too. They would all try to attack you but all you had to do was hit one of the guys you'd already beat and it would count as a win LOL.

Crashing anytime you used Steal to plant explosives on someone.

Now here's a small one I'm sure most people didn't notice. If you got the dialogue from trapper Slim to train you for a 100 bucks he would give you a 100 bucks rather than subtract it:)

Ahhh precious memories.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I came across the best bug once in Fallout 2. On my way from Redding to Vault City (with the caravan) we were stopped by some people attacking another merchant caravan...well, our side joined in at some point, and won the fight...there were 3 really tough guys present though, who normally would have been hard to kill at that stage, if it wasn't for the overwhelming numbers against them :smile:.

Anyway, searching their bodies, I came across 99999 bucks on each of the bodies...and when I took that money, it was still there...Needless to say, I pillaged to my hearts content, then though "Hey, what if I've reached the max (99999) already? Better give some to Vic." So I loaded Vic up with a couple of hundred thousand, and pillaged the bodies some more...

I came out of that encounter with 56 million dollars. It seemed I was getting more than 99999 each time, because I sure as hell didn't pick up 56 million 100000 bucks at a time.

17. Incubuspawn

Incubuspawn New Member

18. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

How come I never got any bugs like that? I only got the ones that screwed everything up.

19. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

"Bugs 'r' us" aka "Interplay"...

I think I have signed that petition 5 times already... 0:)

I want my Fallout 3!!!

20. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I took a peek on how the petition is doing and noticed this particular one:

9439 By: Osama Bin Laden!!!!
    What I want to know is why are some people set on making such sick jokes? I have seen a similar post on V13 saying pretty much the same thing. Maybe it's the same person. Who knows.

Our Host!