Deep15 mod announced

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HexRei, Mar 2, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. HexRei

HexRei New Member

Alright, I'm officially announcing the side-project I've been working on for a couple of months. It's called Deep15 and it's post-apocalyptic :smile:.

Check out the site and some screenies here:

http://www.weekapaugclan.com/deep15

I hope to have this mod done (finished) within two months or so.

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Seems a bit strange (Victorian style post apocalyptic RPG) but I'm so Fallout hungry I'd love to play it. Could you say something about how it will start ie. why will I leave my chamber, what the main quest will be (even a vague anwer will do), how many cities will there be and perhaps you have some screens with new weapons.

If you care about suggestions all the locations are pretty dark - perhaps you could add some more light.

Good luck in your work and I hope you'll mamage to finish it by the time you plan.

PS. Sorry if some of the info I asked about is on your site - I only read about and viewed few of the screens so far.

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Ooooh oooh oooh!!! Let me guess, you are sent out of your vault (sorry, chamber or whatever) to find a 'water chip'? Actually, a Fallout take-off would be a huge hit.... Also, I think the screens just look dark.. I ad the same prob sometimes, they're fine in the game but dark as screenshots on the net.

Of course, you realise you're in trouble now? You've mentioned it? You've released it! Youv've unleashed the hounds! You're gonna be hounded and hounded until this mod is released.....

5. HexRei

HexRei New Member

Hehe :smile: Actually, beside the fact that it's a giant fallout shelter in a post-apocalyptic setting, they two have very little in common, plot-wise.

And it is a tad dark, I think I'm going to brigten it up as bit more...

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Looks pretty sweet. All I can say is, if The Mod Squad made the mod we were planning, it would have been doubly sweet (is doubly even a word?).

7. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

what the hell is Doubly?!

the mod is nice...how much it'll take?(disk space?)

8. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Please elaborate Jarinor.

And exactly what is your relationship with TMS? I noticed you have them listed as your homepage.

9. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

wow, not only is it a real word, it's also spelled correctly...

dou·bly
    adv.
    To a double degree; twice: doubly protected; made doubly certain.
    In a twofold manner.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rosenshyne on 2002-03-05 14:59 ]</font>

10. HexRei

HexRei New Member

Of course "doubly" is a word you sillies :smile:

And I think I have managed to yank most of the victorian out of this game, hehe. I mean, there is some art you can't do anything about and everything does like kind of retro but *oh well*.

And Ring Lord- I would guess the mod won't take more than 20mb, and that would be if we started replacing art and townmapping the entire game. Which isn't likely.

11. Wojit

Wojit New Member

Hmm...

I think the vault dweller would look classy in a top hat!

:grin:

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'm involved with TMS as a modmaker...didn't do much, because nothing really got off the ground. A Fallout-style mod, kinda similar to this, was planned...sort of like a 3rd-party FO3. That's the best description of it I can really do. It would have been pretty cool though.

By doubly cool, I mean there would have been two Fallout-style mods around. Which would have been twice as cool as one Fallout-style mod.

Our Host!