Ratted out Pettibone. Can I still join Thieves Guild?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by BAS11, Mar 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. BAS11

BAS11 New Member

Ambushed the Dark Elves after giving them Ms. Pettibone's name and figured that would take care of any retribution.

Went into the ruins, got that big-*ss stone and came back to Tarant to find her missing.

I assume the Dark Elves got her.

In any case, is there still a way for me to join the Thieves?

2. KrazeeBika

KrazeeBika New Member

I'm no expert, but I think you can just listen to all the rumors in town, and one should have something to do with the Thieves Underground. Now, all you have to do is talk to that guy in the warehouse. As I said, I'm not sure about this, but I think I read it somewhere...

3. Mael

Mael New Member

it was said there was different ways of joining the guild
    try doing a search in the previous threads

4. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

before you talk to the guy in the warehouse, talk to the guy in the alley next to pettibone's house. that sometimes gets you an introduction.

5. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

A couple suggestions. One, did you kill Lukan? If not, then he should be able and willing to tell you about the Underground. Second, try going ahead and getting the map of the sewers and then going to talk to him, and just maybe the dialogue option will open up with something along the lines of "I have the plans" and he will grant you membership. Third, and also untested, I think I recall that if you sell Bate's journal to the press, that will also get you the respect of the lurker outside Pettibone's house. Finally, and something that seems so painfully obvious but many have to learn the hard way, multiple saved games?...

6. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Yep. If I remember correctly you can sell Bates journal to the press and join the underground with only that.

7. Milo

Milo New Member

It might also be possible to join the Thieves Guild in Caladon, and then go back to Tarant and do the thieves quests there. Not sure, though. I always joined the Tarant Guild first. Has anyone done it this way?

8. BAS11

BAS11 New Member

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately I don't have a saved game before I went into the Elven ruins (i.e. before I ratted the chick out).

The guy in the alley really p*sses me off. In my first game, he spoke to my character but I was playing a good alignment straight mage. Now that I'm an evil techno/ firearms / explosives / thief all he says to me is "Huh?"

I have Bate's diary so I can sell it to the press. I was gonna give it to Appleby once Bates gave me his henchman/bodyguard but I can just as easily take it to the editorial offices myself.

Think anyone else in Arcanum wants to buy a big old ugly Elven stone artifact...? *sigh*

9. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

10. BAS11

BAS11 New Member

really?!? I was just kidding... lol

I also got this big ugly painting supposedly worth 50,000 gold... Been trying to hock that but so far no takers :smile:

I don't want a spoiler for that one though. I'm hoping it'll pop up as a thieves guild quest or something...

My first time through I returned it to "its rightful owner" if you can imagine... I was a real goody-goody....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BAS11 on 2002-03-05 18:56 ]</font>

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

why don't you return it to the owner, then steal it back? and the guy in the warehouse will buy it from you, if you ever get to talk to him...

12. gamenut

gamenut New Member

The most I got for it was 500 from the thief guy.

13. BAS11

BAS11 New Member

warehouse guy wont talk to me yet. I've been holding on to the painting in hopes he will later...

14. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Do you mean the black market man? If so you have to be a member of the thieves underground to sell or buy from him.

Our Host!