End of game movies

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Dragoon, Feb 26, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Rigth because otherwise Blackroot is screwed being under influence of Dernholm while it's still ruled by that dumbass "tech is bad" king.

2. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Yeah, I always play through the game with the end cinematic in mind.

I am pretty sure that the dwarven civil war would be averted if you can convince loghaire to return to the throne. You only get one chance at it so its not like you can go back and do it. First of all, you need good charisma, persuasion, and intelligence. You need to get Randaver to talk about why his father left, and then convince him you could understand why. He will go into this talk about shape and stone. Then in your conversation with Loghaire, tell him being a king isn't always easy, and this will lead to you being able to say something like "i know. that's because your stone is still true" or something very similar. You can then use shape and stone to help him realize that he needs only learn from his mistakes and can rectify them and he will return as king.

Blackroot. Be sure to grab the paper in Dernholm that talks about Tarant and Caladon about to go to war. Tell the mayor of blackroot that he should read the paper and you can talk him into returning to Cumbria's rule. Or, once retrieving the dagger, hold out on giving to him until he reconsiders his allegiances-his guards wouldn't even recover the dagger.

Don Throgg is another big one. With 3 ranks of persuasion, you can get babcock to tell you of his plan. Convince Don Throgg of it by telling him hiding out in factories is not working and that babcock has a plan that would put him out of wheeler's reach by establishing his rights as someone who is half human. Has a pretty good endgame cinematic.

Kan Kerai, Jongle Dunne, Maximillian, the Boil, Arronax, negotiations with Caladon, Don Throgg, Bessie Toone, Loghaire, Black Root, those are all I can think of right now...need advice on any of the others bring them up...

3. BAS11

BAS11 New Member

I've only played through once and was just curious what quests affect the prologue movies at the end of the game.

The ones I got were a result of Bessie's Tomb, Master of Persuasion, Lizardmen (can't remember what they're called), Isle of Despair and Wheel Clan quests or side quests.

Anyone else see different ones?

Also, what do you have to do to prevent the Dwarf civil war from ripping them apart like they talk about?

4. Milo

Milo New Member

I remember two off the top of my head.

One is how you deal with the gangs in Tarant. Those will give you different ending movies depending on which gangs you elimate (if any).

Another one is Maximillian on the Isle of Despair. If you do his quest, then it changes the ending for... Dernholm? Or was that BlackRoot?

5. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

I can think of three
    1. Getting Dunne's package for him from Dernholm
    2. Getting the Blackroot taxs to Dernholm
    3. If Arronax is an NPC at the end he revives Vendigroth

6. BAS11

BAS11 New Member

hunh.

I did the "collect the taxes" quest but didn't get a movie for that.

7. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

It might have to be done in conjunction with restoring Max to the throne

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

If you want to know the endings.... Undat Arcanum and check out all the slides. Listen to the slide voice overs as well. That way, you don't have to do every certain thing right to get the endings... You can just watch them!!

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

All you need to convince Loghaire to go back to his people is INT of 10 or so. I've convinced him with CHA of 5, and no Persuasion skill at all.

10. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

I got the Arronax raises Vendigroth and all I did was talk to him, tell him I would help him and then went and dispatched Mr. Badguy.

Also got the Cumbria restored by only telling Lianna about Max. As a matter of fact I think I only made two trips Dernholm. Once to talk to Sarah and again to give her the deed.

11. Gladius

Gladius New Member

And is there a movie for Quintarra? If yes, which quests does it depend on?

12. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Telling Lianna about max is the end of the quest. You can't do anything more

Our Host!