Item listing

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Elmo, Feb 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Elmo

Elmo New Member

hi all,

I'm searching a complete item listing of arcanum to make some backgrounds...
    Where can i found that, Otto Krupp was talking about searching ine arcanum.dat file but i didn't found any .mes file with items numbers (like Iron clan armor)
    PS: sorry for my english, i'm belgian.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elmo on 2002-02-18 20:30 ]</font>

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I *think* what you're after is in Description.mes

Ie. A whole load of items plus corresponding numbers. I have plans of putting Description.mes up on my site in the resources section... In fact, I'm going to go home and do it tonight...

http://users.senet.com.au/~dbschah/resources.htm

Check there in... Oh, say 5 hours from the time this was posted.. Should find what you want then. Either that... Or I slacked off and decided to bum around home instead... :smile:

3. DarkUnderlord

Nope.... My work here is done. Go to the resources section and look for.... 'description.mes'

4. Elmo

Elmo New Member

Thanks, but can i use objects described in gamedesc.mes?

5. DarkUnderlord

6. Mad Texan

Mad Texan New Member

Long, wordy reason why you can't use items names in 'gamedesc.mes':

The names in 'gamedesc.mes' are defined only within a mod and they only apply to prototype items manually given those descriptions in WorldEd when creating that mod. This precludes using any of these names in Arcanum outside the mod.

Example:
    I have an item called 'Randel's Big Friggin' Hammer' in 'gamedesc.mes'. I place an item on a map in WorldEd and then I have to manually assign a hammer the name 'Randel's Big Friggin' Hammer'. I can also change the base attributes of whatever hammer I assigned that name to. If I wanted more than one copy of this hammer in the mod I would have to place manually as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mad Texan on 2002-02-26 05:59 ]</font>

Our Host!