Dual gun fighting. . .

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Robbie, Feb 20, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Robbie

Robbie New Member

I was reading through a couple of old posts and I decided to take on the dual gun fighting mod. I started by taking the proto of a shield and changing the art file to point to that of a pistol. I was then going to add the script to the second gun to double the damage and speed of the wielder. Unfortunately I got stopped when I changed the art file. It worked and the image was changed, but I was not able to equip the shield/gun-lookalike because it was of the wrong item type. In fact, I wasn't able to equip it in my weapon hand either. Anyone have a clue as to where I was going wrong?

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Yeah.... Someone else tried this.... And failed.... Haven't seen any successful attempts as of yet. It might be impossible to do.

3. Mad Texan

Mad Texan New Member

Troika mentioned in the last developer chat that items for which no '3D' models exist cannot be equipped. As there are no models for figures wielding two pistols in combat the code prevents it from being equipped. Further, the art and the item type are linked together, so you can't change a shield into a gun and get gun damage from the shield.

4. Kubricenyear

Kubricenyear New Member

Idea

Instead of trying to create a second slot for a gun by converting a sheild to a gun, just make an object that is a picture of 2 guns and have it as a 2 handed weapon, that points to a single gun charachter model, and in this effect just double speed and damage of what ever type of gun it was, but lower the chance to hit because it is hard to aim two guns at the same time

5. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Welcome to the forum, Kubricenyear! :wavey:

btw Good idea :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kcwong on 2002-03-25 14:22 ]</font>

Our Host!