Follower's Autoleveling Schemes

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by pdsullivan, Feb 16, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Could any of fine and accomplished hackers or modders please give me detailed instructions on how to alter the autoleveling schemes of your NPC followers. You can't change them at will; I believe a certain amount of editting the program is required. However, that is not my area of expertise, and thus I would be eternally grateful for assistance/detailed instructions on how to do so from anyone who can assist me in such.

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I'm not one of them but I can still help you (I think). Look in the Articles section of Terra Arcanum site for Zewy's article on this subject. It's all explained there and it's very easy, really (even I can do it). Al it requires is UnDat utility (can be downloaded from TA) and a NotePad.

Just one thing Zewy doesn't mention. Don't write things like Stat X, Stat Y, Stat X (for example ST 8, DX 9, ST 8 ). For some reason this causes problems (your NCP either will go to some further stat in his/her scheme or will not allocate CPs at all. So instead it should be Stat X, Stat Y, Stat Z, Stat X and everything will be just fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragoon on 2002-02-17 02:12 ]</font>

3. Mad Texan

Mad Texan New Member

4. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Another thing to keep in mind is that it seems some NPC's don't follow their schemes til after they are recruited.

For example Geoffrey Tarellond-Ass looks like this when recruited; Lv12 ST6, CN10, DX8, BE8, IN16, WP13, PE8, CH8
    Dodge 4, Fire 3, Force 2, Necro Black 3.

If you compare that to his scheme you'll notice his IN is too high. According to his scheme it shouldn't be raised beyond 15 til he has at least 4 ranks in his 3 colleges.

Next, does anyone know how many CP's an NPC gets? Playing with the savegame editor it only allows a max of 50 CP. Going through the schemes for some of them and counting points they all come out to around 50pts also.

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

In my case NPCs got as much points as I did. And if I used the editor I could've exceed the limit.

6. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

OK next question. Did you happen notice a point where they had "maxed" their schemes but were still spending CP?

I just noticed the other day that you can spend CP directly on HP and FT. Every CP buys 4pts. I wonder if thats where the NPC's put their remaining CP's? Maybe thats what the MaxHPs, MaxFT value does.

Also found a lovely typo in the Pure-Melee Dodge scheme. Towards almost the very end of the scheme
    ...st 20, st 18, wp 16...

I would assume that should be st20, dx 20 or at least that would be logical.

If anyone is interesting I've been taking screenshots of the NPC's character sheet at the point you recruit them. Once I get all of them I'll probably just make a word doc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-03-09 11:49 ]</font>

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I never got to the point when they maxed their schemes. However when I screwed Magnus' scheme he stopped allocating CPs and just stored them.

Yep, it's also the way in which all or at least most of the schemes end. After programmers had no idead what the character should do next they added MaxHP 400, MaxFT400 - this way they's still develop even though in a very stupid way (schemes are generally bad even aside from this fact - for example NPCs develop Beauty or some other useless skill).

It would sure be useful in determining in which point to put first modifications.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragoon on 2002-03-09 15:47 ]</font>

8. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

I sorta suspect the useless stuff is a "spacer". For example maybe they didn't want Jayna to be just another melee-tech so they added some stuff to slow down her combat skills development. Who knows?

I'll let you know when I get most of them. I'm using a hacked character and only doing the minimum needed to advance the game so it doesn't take much time but I keep getting sidetracked:) So far I've only got everyone prior to BMC if that would be any help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-03-09 16:17 ]</font>

9. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Currently I already have a complete party and litle time to play so I'll wait for the full version of your document. I'll appreciate notification.

10. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Our Host!