how exactly do followers gain experience?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by uly, Feb 25, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. uly

uly New Member

as title.

i was under the impression that they gain exp from 1) party's quests 2) party's kills and 3) their individual attacks. but it seems that i was wrong, and it seems that they dont gain any experience at all, and instead only level up when the main character levels up. is this assumption correct?

2. Odi

Odi New Member

Followers level up when you level up (unless they are waiting) with the exception if they are a higher level already, then your character has to play catch up.

I believe max xp is awarded for the first strike and the death strike. I do not know the other variables.

3. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Following up on that. Followers themselves do not gain experience, per se. YOU are the only one that does. You'd notice that if you bring up their character sheets and notice that their exp to next level ain't budging. They only level up when you level up, but while you gain experience from their kills, you do not gain it from the blows they render on a target, whereas you would gain experience just from damaging a target...

Our Host!