Question about removing level cap..

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by bryant1380, Feb 21, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I read that there is a patch that you can remove the level cap allowing you to level all the way to level 127! Now, why would you want to do this? I am at level 39, and I can't find a worthy opponent anywhere. Everyone and everything I attack I can kill with the utmost ease. So tell me why I should want to go to level 127??

2. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Yeah, I had enough doubts about that to choose not to download the patch. Rarely do my characters hit 50 before Vendrigoth. True, my characters tend to have maxed out charisma and thus large parties which everybody knows costs you experience in the long run, but if that is how I play, then so be it. Why bother with the patch if I'll only go to level 53 or 54 at most on average because there is not enough experience to get me anywhere near 100? It's a very good point and I'm glad somebody, even a retard, sees the folly in trying to get 127 levels. Good show old boy!

3. kcwong

kcwong New Member

The point of this exp-cap remover patch is:

You can alter the experience table - so you can be level 127 at about the same time you are level 50 in an unpatched game.

Since the skills are capped - you can only get as high as 5 ranks and master training, going to level 127 will not make you much stronger - but better in every skill, every stat.

So what's the point then?

The answer is: You can try all those tech without starting a new game, or stock up large amounts of CP then try and reload.

Also you can remove this patch anytime you like.

Actually I'm quite impressed that someone have to skill to modify arcanum.exe so it let you go up to level 127 (which is probably a datatype limit).

4. Gladius

Gladius New Member

Why level 127? So that you can learn all spells/techs, max your stats and mostly HAVE A GOOD FEELING that you are a god walking!! + I haven't even left Tarant and I am already lvl 42.

5. kcwong

kcwong New Member

I really appreciate that Troika makes all those funny tech items for us. So I want to try them all. We have Smithy, Gunsmith, Alchemy, Electrical, .... etc. There's no way you can have all those tech skills in a single game if 50 level is max, and there're tech items that require 2 different schools of tech skills.

So without the 127 level patch, you'll probably need to play the game 10+ times as a techie before you try out those combinations that you're interested in.

The same goes for different schools of magic.

And I don't have that much time. So I think the patch is a good one.

I don't really care if level 127 makes me a living god in Arcanum - because I'm already one at level 50.

6. Gladius

Gladius New Member

Kcwong: But the god-feeling is not so good when you know that you are of the same lvl. as a mad naked halfling, for example! (The riddles quest in Blackroot).

Our Host!