The Boil and Sebastian

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Raziell777, Feb 15, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

Where is that Sebastian and is he worth to be in my party??Which gang do you usually choose,or you wipe them??

2. HED854

HED854 New Member

Sebastian is in the pub in the boil. He appears after you have talked to mr. willoughsby. IHMO sebastian is the best technologist out there. He also wears a cool equipement (if you don't want him to come with you, steal his axe/armor/shield with fate points for example). He's not so good and the quest required to make him join is ... evil and somewhat difficult. Anyway - if u're a technologist, you will enjoy Sebastian's help.

3. DallasApollo

DallasApollo New Member

Sebastian

My character is in love with Sebastian - handsome and talented, but just a little dangerous. Seriously, he is a very worthwhile technologist, especially for my Throwing Master (who declined to pursue the Bomb-making field). And evidently his armor and weapon are so good that he's declined to wear any new item I've offered him.

As to his quest, the only thing that bothered me was the ethics of wiping out my former gang, all of whom were madly in love with me at that point. But I don't think it was an evil quest - these were all bad guys. (Incidentally, when I first picked a gang, I forget which one I went with but the quest was to get through a maze-like house full of half-ogres and kill the ringleader. It turned out to be a breeze when I realized I could use a simple disarm spell on each of them, knock their weapons out of their hands, and just put up with their bare-fisted but harmless punches. The only problem was when they had critical success and scarred me or something. Otherwise, they were impotent without their weapons.)

4. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Sebastion is in the Boil after you follow a certain conversational dialog patter with Mr. Willoughsby. Strike up a conversation with him, ask him about what he thinks are Tarant's problems, ask him about what personal measure's he's taken, and if your CH and persuasion are high enough, you can get him to tell you about Sebastion. Sebastion will want you to wipe out Maug's Clan. If prior to conversing with Sebastion you had joined Pollock's Gang and wiped out Clan Maug, he want's you to wipe out Pollock. Is he worth it? Depends on your party. If you like guns, he's one of three NPC followers who becomes proficient in firearms (also Vollinger and Franklin Payne). He also has some other decent tech fields and is good at lock picking. But you should be a tech user yourself or at least be capable of providing tech healing for him because his tech aptitude prevents (normally) magical healing. FYI and all that.

5. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Sounds like a good npc pick up. everytime i've met him he starts maddogging me and i have to kill him.

6. kilnar

kilnar New Member

If you can get the quest and complete it, Sebastion will join you, provided you haven't maxed your followers. There's no need to pickpocket him. Group him, transfer his stuff and drop him if you don't like him.

7. yatsek

yatsek New Member

i joined the gang of Pallock (or something like that) and eventually he asked me to kill the other gand leader. i don't have a clue how to do it. can use some help...

8. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Huh?

If I understand the question correctly, then the answer is:

Just walk in and initiate a fight.

And yes, this will be a tough fight if you're attacking the gang on the upper-left side of the boil. Also you can use the Tarant's sewers to access the inner rooms of the upper-left house. Just enter the sewers from the port area (South of gypsy/wise woman), then follow the first path on the left.

9. Odi

Odi New Member

1. Sebastian is at the pub in the Boil.

2. During gameplay I stockpile the necessary items to create charged rings. After I recruit Sebastion, I have him manufacture them. Usually I dismiss Sebastian after picking Virgil back up. One of the nice things about this NPC is he rarely gripes, even if you feel impelled to take out the prison guard in Caladon, etc..

3. First I wipe out the gang on the left side of the boil and sell the loot. If you then recruit Sebastian, have him wait while you wipe out the gang on the other side.

Our Host!