how can you suck at diablo2? its an rpg type thing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ioo, Feb 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ioo

Ioo New Member

You people got it all wrong! Those are not really RPGS!!! (TT)

2. kcwong

kcwong New Member

"how can you suck at diablo2? its an rpg type thing"

Of course you can. Life is an RPG(TT). And lots of people suck at that.

:wink:

[EDIT]
    Er... by "lots of people" I mean people out there. Definitly not people who chooses to play Arcanum and come to this site/forum.
    :wink:
    [/EDIT]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kcwong on 2002-02-20 07:50 ]</font>

3. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Wong, it's too late to redeem yourself now.

4. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Make it to Diablo as a pure summoning character. Find out how much that sucks.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Erm, how would you kill any of the act bosses? They do ten times damage to any mercenaries/summoned creatures. Hell, Amazons couldn't do it until level 30, and everything else is just so weak and really only support roles.

Have you performed this feat Proverbius?

6. Ioo

Ioo New Member

I think I beat it Diablo with every char there is, except the expansion pack. (Yes It's sad how much D2 I played...it was a good time killer...bad time killer, but effecient) :smile: I dunno if I did it single handedly each time... but it's real easy... Considering you don't get to Diablo till you reach about level 30... All those level 18's at Nightmare were playin with their lvl 80 friends... And If you were talking about Diablo 1...It's not an RPG(TT) because there is only 3 chars and everything is in a dungeon... Thats why I couldn't player... all those dark dungeons are even worse than D2.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You really did waste time, waiting until level 30 to fight Diablo, didn't you? Hell, I usually took him on at level 25/26, and could kick his ass most of the time.

8. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Yeah, me too, and almost everyone who knows me thinks I'm a little slow. They whisper to each other, "Don't worry - he's a little slow" when they think I can't hear them.

Seriously, Ioo, I used to wait until level 30 to challenge the big guy, but then I realised I was being a wimp so got it over with. I can't believe you've not done the expansion. Finishing LOD was a lot of fun, especially at nightmare with my big bear of a Druid.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think the Assassin is highly underrated...everyone wanted to be a Druid, except me :smile:. I just wanted to kill stuff with my claws :smile:.

10. Ioo

Ioo New Member

No, I didn't wait. I just liked to kill everyone around, and usually I'd get to about level 30 or sometimes more before I got to Diablo... the only nasty thing he has is that inferno thing... when he breathes little purplish angular thingies... The rest is pretty much harmless.

11. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Lysa had an Assassin. We had some great times with my paws and her claws rippin up the spike fiends.

12. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

If we're talking about the Diablo in Diablo 1, then he's easy. Read the words.. Holy Bolt. That's all you need. I wasted him so quickly when I realised Holy Bolt did so much damage to him.

Umm.... I haven't never played Diablo 2 that much... I think I'm still wandering around the first camp area. Clicking on everything...

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I actually managed to kill Diablo (in Diablo 1) after I died once...Cast a roomful of guardians, running around, drinking health potions like crazy, guardians everywhere, I copped one too many apocalypse's, and died...with my blood spurting out of my chest, and body collapsing, Diablo himself copped one too many fireballs, and starting spurting blood himself...so there I was, technically dead, and Diablo dies after me. Twas a battle of mutual extinction!

Really wish I'd got a screenshot of that...was a once in a lifetime event...

14. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

in D2LoD i've always preferred to the barbarian, i like the idea of swinging two two handed swords at once, but the assasin has some great finishing moves

15. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Yeah, I've made it all the way to Diablo in Diablo 2(1.08) as a pure sumoning necromancer. Diablo's "circle of fire" attack will banish *all* summoned creatures, no matter what they are and how powerful they are. If that's all you have, you're utterly screwed against Diablo.

16. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Sorry But

RPG stands for Role Playing Game. In a roleplaying game you play a role of one person. So diablo is a roleplaying game.(ohh i em going to get flamed for this) Not a good one though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Qilikatal on 2002-02-22 03:12 ]</font>

17. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Nope you're not going to be flamed :smile: Not by me, at least :wink:

I think Role-Playing (RP) is a way to play games (and in all games players make decisions and assume certain roles), it's a kind of behaviour. While people are RP'ing, the games they play become RPGs.

IMHO to call itself a RPG it must have adequate features/functions to enable and assist RP'ing.

You can role-play in Diablo.
    You can choose not to role-play in AD&D.

But I won't say Diablo is RPG. AD&D is.

18. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the warning Saint_Proverbius, I just checked... I'm playing a summoning character. A necromancer I think he was. All I can do at the moment is summon skeletons. I think I'll start Diablo 2 again. har. har. har. Start Diablo 2 again. Get it? Like I could be bothered....

19. Ioo

Ioo New Member

On a serious note: wehter you role-play or not does not matter. RPG's a certain type of games... same as Strategy... even though in most RTSies you don't really use much strategic thought... Same as in what most people call RPG you don't really play a role... you just can't. What i consider RPG is... well it at least has dialogue trees more complex than D2... ex: click on a person, click talk, click tell me bout, click about what. :smile: That's an RPG TT! :smile: But true true RPG's... TT RPG's... is a whole diff thing. :smile:

Now, out of this post comes a whole new game classification. TT after the name stands for Type Thing and TT before the name stands for True True! :smile: Most games would be the TypeThing, of course... while some will be True True :p or Truly True...

you can see when im really bored - quality of my spam gets worse.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Diablo 2 is an RPG for the mainstream, and an RPG TT for real roleplayers...

Our Host!