Story Idea that allows freedom for modmakers who are interes

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by FirestormZero, Feb 11, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FirestormZero

FirestormZero New Member

Anyone who has played through Arcanum will notice a major plothole in the game when they approach the Gnomish Conspiracy quest. I have a story idea for a mod to resolve this.

The player plays as the only living survivor from a group of test subjects to escape the gnomes laboratory. The player awakes on a beach with no clue as to the location of the island. The Players goal is to discover the gnomes conspiracy and to stop it.

All races are available to the player as the gnomes have experimented with every race. Backgrounds could include different genetic alterations, such as Testosterone Boost which increases strength and decreases other stats, Extra Brain Mass which increases int at the cost of another stat, Optical Surgery which raises perception, and many more. Or there can be no stat cost at all as the genetically altered people are made to be superior to non altered.

Any comments? I really would love someone to make this mod because i have no mod skills only story skills. If you wish to write this mod i will help in any way i can.

2. Mad Texan

Mad Texan New Member

That's a great idea for a mod. It could easily become a very ~big~ project, though. Were you thinking of all action taking place on the island?

3. FirestormZero

FirestormZero New Member

Nope....

I was thinking of having it be a full scale mod, being nearly as long as Arcanum. I'm gonna try to make it but I doubt I will be able to.

4. dgale

dgale New Member

Start small or you'll never finish it. A small finished module is better than grand module sitting on your hard drive.

Well, better for me, since I get to play it.

5. FirestormZero

FirestormZero New Member

Small mods

In my opinion small mods are pretty much worthless. You don't really get into them, and when you do it pretty much ends. I was wondering if there is a way to make a mod that uses the same arcanum map and just adds new dialog and new places. Is the worldmap ever available in mods?

6. dgale

dgale New Member

7. Mad Texan

Mad Texan New Member

The problem, Firestorm, is that the vast majority of the time large mods never get finished, or if they do they are so buggy that they aren't enjoyable. Hence the attractiveness of small, well-written mods.

Adding new areas to Arcanum is cool, but that has limitations as well. There are still so many bugs in the existing game quests that added many more is just tempting fate IMO. With a separate mod any quest errors are your own.

Our Host!