System Shock 2 - Not for everyone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarinor, Feb 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Well SS2 was runnung great when I still had Celeron 400, 64MB RAM and Matrox G400 32MB (I still have this card). IIRC I could play up to 800x600 res but that's exactly what I like. If I turn my res to anything over 1024x768 it's hard to read any on screen text since it gradually drcreases in size.

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

BTW people, we could all buy games that have been released 3 years ago, and claim they run "smoothly" on our computers now. When SS2 came out, I had a Riva tnt 2, 64 ram and a celeron 400. It did not run so "smooth". But I'm not the sort of person who buys 3 year old games.

3. Zen

Zen New Member

Amen to that!

That was almost a polaroid snapshot of my "childhood" computer days...and I couldn`t agree more!

- Zen

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Ah, Civilisation (the original), what a revolutionary game. The first computer game I owned...

Do you have something against people who play games after their heyday Jinxed? If a game is a classic, then what is wrong with playing it, no matter how late?

By this same standard (if you choose to apply it), then you can't listen to any old bands. I'm really getting into all those great bands from yesteryear such as Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd. I've always been into Queen - anyone who makes any jokes about that, think about this. How many other bands have at least four easily recognisable songs by anyone in the street? I'm talking about Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites the Dust, We Will Rock You (I can't believe they re-did that with 5ive - 5ive should burn in hell with the Devil) and We Are the Champions.

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

No jar, I'm talking about the use of average computers that are bought now, to play games that have been released 3 years ago. And saying: "they run smooth". But I would have to attack the whole business. If you don't have a GF5 and an Athlon XP 2000, you can't hope to play games that have been released now, at max details...

6. zlobster

zlobster New Member

Our Host!