Best School of Magick?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by bigguy30, Jan 8, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. bigguy30

bigguy30 New Member

Just started playing this game. It's a blast.

Which schools of magic are the most effective/useful and which ones aren't worth the time?

2. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

first off welcome bigguy30 :wavey:
    and to answer your question i've found for offense go with force and the black necro spell harm. temporal has some very handy spells (hasten for one), conveyence for the simple fact of the teleportation spell (no more frickin' walking) amd ofcourse white necro obviously.
    hope this helps good luck

3. Longtooth

Longtooth New Member

Force and Conveyance are my top picks too with a little white necro in their fo' healin'. I forgot the school but the stun spell is very useful for backstabbing.

4. TrenchBroom

TrenchBroom New Member

Necro Black is cool. Harm is a nifty little spell.

5. kcwong

kcwong New Member

In addition to what others said...

get the first spell of all the elemental magic - they can boost your stat so you can: Carry more, Get better reaction and cheaper price, Regenerate FT faster, have higher speed, and to learn skill/get training that you normally cannot.

Fireflash (lvl3 Fire) is also a good one. And it will not damage your party members! Though it will damage innocents (the drunken fella in the bar) and perhaps some items you want.

Also get 2 or 3pts in Summoning... the Ogre champion (lvl3) is a good helper for soloing mages, and while the Orc Grunt (lvl2) is weak, it's perfect for "disarming" ;P all the traps in front of you. The Familiar (lvl5) is quite useful too... though when its nearby, it will lower others' reaction towards you.

6. DrFraud

DrFraud New Member

My own mage is aiming to max out Summoning an' Necromantic Black. Conveyance looks good, too, and maybe a bit o' Divination or Force.

7. Mael

Mael New Member

all i have to say is try it for yourself youll never know what suits you until youve tryed em

8. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

My Lvl. 24 Elven Mage has Necro Black [2] , White[3] , Conveyance [full] , Force [4] ,Melee [3] , Dodge[3] and 1 Cp in persuasion . Doing pretty well i must say , but i always get scarred shitloads since i chose the background Nietzche Poster Child .

9. enygma

enygma New Member

im a lv 50 halvling mage and i have maxed out necro black, force, morph, and conveyance. i also have 3 in fire. ican beat shit out of anything i choose.

10. enygma

enygma New Member

im a lv 50 halvling mage and i have maxed out necro black, force, morph, and conveyance. i also have 3 in fire. ican beat shit out of anything i choose.

11. enygma

enygma New Member

12. UberSnark

UberSnark New Member

Temporal , I think. The combination of Tempest and then haste provides around 36 some odd speed and then use mechanized rifle and it seems to do the works. This is with only 8 Dex at anyrate...

13. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Personally the FORCE collage is best, the Desintigrate spell ROCKS. And, it says it destorys the inventory of the targeted person. I found a way around that. Use the spell, then as soon as the person dies, click on thier body and you will have acess to thier inventory. It takes practice but it is WELL worth it

Our Host!