Custom Avatars for psecial people.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragoon, Jan 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Hey Jinxed you said somewhere you need some custom avatars for special people thus I decided to donate some of my anti-art work. Just don’t laugh too loud.

Here they are, oh wait. I used images I found on the web and some Word cliparts thus if someone wants to tell me I didn’t really do much don’t bother since I know.

Here they are (finally)

This one is for real cretins who are nothing but a disgrace to society and are sure Darwin Award winners.

[​IMG]

This one is for troublemakers for whom there is still some hope.

[​IMG]

Here are two for those who just can’t write in a way comprehendible by human beings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m not sure about the text in second one.. My other ideas for it are: “Illiterate TV child�, “Occupation: glaring at dumb TV programs�, “TV good - no thinking needed�

And the last one is for people who did something for Arcanum (like Duncann and his exp cap removing recipe, Leto for dialog fix or Zewy with his level-up schemes modification layout). This should be given for a period of time like a week or a month if something really great was done - like an interesting mod. Unfortunately it’s the lamest image I created, I’ll look in the Net for some better images, this one is only Word clipart and a very weak one at that.

[​IMG]

OK give me your opinions, (it’s obvious Jinxed’s opinion will be the most important one since it’s his decision whether to use any of these) but I’ll read all of them of course and I’m open to reasonable criticism.

Last I’d like to ask for links to web pages which have images from different cathegories like objects, people and such. This would definitely help me in making better avatars.

EDIT - One image didn't load. It should be visible now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragoon on 2002-01-05 11:10 ]</font>

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Good idea, send me the last one via email cause it doesn't show up. (oops what am I doing here? I was supposed to have a brake...)

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

It's all visible now, I just didn't put .jpg in the name. It's so lame however that perhaps it shouldn't be shown in public.

4. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

On a related note, http://www.flamingtext.com will make you a logo with whatever wording you choose for free and immediatly. It's special.

5. Milo

Milo New Member

I love the "Banned for being an utter moron" Homer Simpson one, Dragoon. It doesn't really need the text on the bottom, though, since this can be added as a custom title. Other than that, I think it's great. By far my favorite one. Also, you might have to resize the avatars. From what I can tell of the ones already on the board, the max dimension for any one side is 120 pixels. I don't know if the admins will allow bigger ones, or if this is what the size is limited to in the config file. Jinxed or one of the others can set us straight on the size issue.

Three words: Google Image Search

It's a goldmine. Just type in whatever comes to mind, and odds are, Google will find it (or something similiar).

Anyway, here's one I did up in Adobe ImageReady along with a possible custom title to fit the picture.

BANNED for being the...
    [​IMG]

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You know, that's both funny AND stupid at the same time. That person who does that thing is not scary or intimidating at all.

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I removed text from Moron banned image also I resized this one the the on probation one. Here are new versions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I should also get some better reward pic soon and another one for a fresh new cathegory.

8. Etalis Craftlord

I *still* want a donut avatar.
    Just thought I'd point that out.

9. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

20 cc (cartoon clipart) of doughnut, stat! He's gone critical.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You're *still* not going to get it yet Etalis...I think :smile:. Besides, I think Fatman's down for the doughnut...it wouldn't do for two people to have the same avatar.

11. Etalis Craftlord

Fine. No donut for the Etalis.
    Can I have a custom avatar made at all? Just curious, you understand.

I want to be special :sad:

12. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

OK. here are your dognuts, enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All you have to do now is choose the one you desire (easier part) and convince one of the mods to assign it to you - prepare your bribes :smile:

And here is something for our Arcanum Engineers.

[​IMG]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragoon on 2002-01-07 03:57 ]</font>

13. Sheriff Fatman

Pleasssssssssssssssse do not make me have a doughnut! It's all an evil plan by Jinxed. Let Etalis have them all.

14. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I knew you weren't a true Sheriff. No real Sheriff would ever refuse a fresh, delicate, covered in chocolate donut. I exposed you :smile:

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It took me until 1.6k posts to get a custom avatar. You'll have to wait for quite a while too :smile:.

16. Sheriff Fatman

(a) The Sheriff of Nottingham would have refused one. Like me, he was a miserable old sod.

(b) I am quite capable of exposing myself, thank-you very much!

17. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Ok I just have one err 2 questions. Wont this slowdown the server and too much work for Jinxed? :winknudge:

18. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

1. It'll be single people to get "rewarded" with these avatars if anyone at all.

2. Humiliating people is not a duty - it's a pleasure :grin: Seriously though Jinxed will have only as much work as he decides to have - just like any other admin/moderator.

19. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

I wouldn't mind a nice , old fasioned LGR :rifle: ...
    Not too much for a friendly , thoughtful poster is it :grin:??

20. Pissukonde

Pissukonde New Member

Hey! I've had a radical idea. Why don't you retain titles (eg. Master, Apprentice...heartborn, 7th seeker...oops sorry, there I go quoting Nightwish lyrics)? Anyway retain the titles and post counts and let everyone choose their own avatar.

That way you could incorporate your sig pic into your avatar and stuff, plus it would be quicker to see who posted a message.

No? Never mind, jusssst an idea, my precioussssss. :smile:

Our Host!