More questions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by cassidy, Jan 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. cassidy

cassidy New Member

1. How do I solve the Durin's stone quest...the bum dwarf gave me a scematic to create some kind of key...and I need some kind of stone or jewel....where do I find it???

2. How do you make Magnus learn all the scematics that you find???

2. Odi

Odi New Member

The heartstones, like the one you need for the ironclan key, are found around the bedokan lizard village. Check out the walkthroughs on this site if you want to track some decent information.

Followers cannot learn schematics.

3. cassidy

cassidy New Member

If that is the case then what happens when my mage learns the scematics....I've tried it before and it always says that my skills are not high enough...what should I improve???

4. Odi

Odi New Member

Intelligence and skill level are important. I have boosted int with potions in order to create stuff and to advance in a skill. Unlike Healing and Repair where once you attain Master status you do not need to drink int potions anymore, creating items regardless of say a "doctorate" level will still require either an int boost or a couple manuals if your character has less that the needed int stats.

On your learned schematics, take note of which area of expertise is required. Most of these are common sense, so if you have a schematic you cannot learn yet, you should be able to figure if it has to do with mechanical, electrical, etc.. Go to the Tarant University and buy the appropriate technical manuals from the dwarf in the back room. The manuals retail for 750 and are heavy. Buy a couple of them and then try to learn that schematic. I would also save the game first in the event it does not work out. i.e.:

I purchased the schematic for "charged sword" and hit the university for some manuals. This character had absolutely no training in this or smithing or any of the scholarly pursuits. With so many electrical manuals I was severly incumbered, the charged sword could not be made (expertise soared over 200 with the manuals!!). I gave up and chunked the books into a storage chest. After adding a few points to smithing I tried again. This time only 3 or 4 electrical tech manuals were necessary to create charged swords. Bug? I dunno; but it was annoying.

5. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

If you have a savegame editor you can make your followers learn things. And I dunno about the Durin Stone, I wasnt really sure about what it was for.

6. Lethran

Lethran New Member

You can use a fate point to lock pick the safe in the zoological museum in Tarant.

Our Host!