some questions......

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by sharpshooter, Jan 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

Howdy people
    ok How do you get into Caladon?
    How do you get more party members?
    and heres a sticky little situation: i accidently killed a beggar during one of the thieves underground tarant operations and when i returned the item to mr. black a gaurd ran in and i had to kill it. Mr black and the halfling shopkeeper then turned hostile on me an killed Virgil before i ran away. My question is, now that mr black attacks on sight, is their anyway i can complete the thieves underground missions and ressurect Virgil? help is appreciated.

2. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

1. You can get into Caladon later in the game, when you're searching for the book "Horror Among The Dark Elves"
    2. You can get maximum of 6 followers. 5 for 20 charisma and 1 for expert persuasion.
    3. All your thieves underground's quests in TARANT are botched.
    4. Virgil's corpse WILL disappear if you wait more than 2 days.

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

And welcome to the Forum, sharpshooter! :wavey:

4. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

Ok thanks. In response, what are the levels of charisma that you can gain party numbers? My current character currently has 10 charisma and can have 3 party members, including the character. When can i get more members?
    And here are more questions:
    What's the difference between regular and diseased armour?
    How do you picklock? Is it like prowling and pickpockting with the big menu at the bottem, or is it different?
    Replies are appreciated.

5. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Sounds like your SOL on the Virgil thing, Id hurry before his boddy disapears and the shopkeeper jacks his junk and it disapears forever

6. Wangus

Wangus New Member

You can add a follower every four.
    In other words at twenty, you can have 5 followers.
    Lockpicking requires lock picks. Just click the lock picks and then click what you want to pick.

7. Lethran

Lethran New Member

Deseased armour kills you slowly. Regular armour does not.

8. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

Ok, what are some early items i can get that raise charisma?
    With the lock picks, do you click on them in the inventory, or where?
    What is the best magic college, and best spells?
    Where can I get things identified in Tarant?

9. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

Madame Toussaude(sp?)'s quest completed will give you a blessing of +1 charisma (If you solve the art robbery beforehand). Not sure what else you can get near the beginning of the game, besides spending CPs.

As far as the lockpicks, either two things. 1: in your inventory, drag em over to the hand at the right side of the screen, near the bottom, and then, once you are back to regular view, click on the door/chest to be picked. 2: put them into one of your quickslots, and either click once on it, or press the corresponding # on the keyboard, and click on the locked object

Temporal is a very good utility college (opening locks, teleportation in battle, to either escape, or get a better position, and teleportation across the world map.. dont have to use boats, or travel by foot and come across random encounters, etc. As far as anything else mage related, I am still a bit new in that area myself, and am still exploring some of my options

As far as identification goes, if you travel east along the docks, you will eventually come to the wall of the city, and a building at the end of the wall. Simply go around the building, and through the gate, and you will encounter a gypsy, who will ID items for you

10. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

Thanks alot.
    Just one more question (I hope), Where can you find a amulet og beauty for Madam Lil besides questing in the countryside?

11. Wangus

Wangus New Member

On the Lady in the blue dress in the Derholm Bar.
    On the Lady walking near the Captains Quarters in Black Root.
    Sometimes you'll be able to find them randomly in the wolf cave, and other places.

12. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

ok 1 more question, and only 1.
    What are the best spells to use against the golems in the black mountains?

13. Wangus

Wangus New Member

They all do about equally well, meaning I haven't found a best spell to use. I always just used a couple of fireflashes and they went down.

14. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

Ok then thanks.
    1 more question and a bug.
    OK, is there anyway to get master in pick pocketing without running around Tarant naked?

And the bug:
    Ok I am exploring the castle north oF Ashbury and i was lockpicking a locked door. I unlocked in and went inside and killed the undead. In my party I have my character, Soggy beer cup, and Vollinger. Except when i went killing, Vollinger didn't follow. He just sat outside the door. He would'nt follow me, talk to me, or follow my commands. And i can't go back to a save game. So should I keep him in my party and continue on, or should I kill him so I can get more followers?
    Help is appreciated.

15. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

Ok the vollinger thing above has been solved, but I have another Vollinger problem. He died and he won't ressurect. I tried a ressurect scroll, the little wing thing came down, then vollinger just said...I'm dead now, and nothing happened. At the bottem, I got a message saying Vollinger cannot be ressurected. Why can't he?

16. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

Ok the vollinger thing above has been solved, but I have another Vollinger problem. He died and he won't ressurect. I tried a ressurect scroll, the little wing thing came down, then vollinger just said...I'm dead now, and nothing happened. At the bottem, I got a message saying Vollinger cannot be ressurected. Why can't he?

17. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

whoops double post.
    anyway, is gar or grak or whatever his name is any good? cause I really don't want to go into black mountain with only soggy beer cup.

18. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

oh yah, are there any followers you can get before black mountain besides virgil (dead), dog (dead), magnus (pissed), dante (pissed), soggy beer cup, vollinger (dead), gar, and that snobby necromancer in ashbury (wouldn't join me)?

19. Reko Kid

Reko Kid New Member

No offense dude, but how do you actually manage to get everyone either pissed or dead?
    I´ve played for a while now and noone has died for me.
    And about the "snobby necromancer", you gotta have a negative "reputation", (cant remeber what´s it called), and then he´ll join you on his quest but will leave after the quest is done. Atleast that´s what he did for me.

And to answer you question.
    I dont know if there are any more followers you can get before, but if so you might wanna save them until the later parts where it might be a little harder. Cant see the point of getting them killed now.

20. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

Virgils was killed by Mr black, Vollinger by those level 22 Blue zombies in the ashbury castle, and I didn't now about dog and let him die. I have no clue why Dante is pissed at me though. Is he a evil or good character?

Our Host!