stringy pete and a runaway virgil

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by stryker456, Jan 4, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. stryker456

stryker456 New Member

firstly, virgil ran off to sort his head out but he had a bunch of stuff i needed. where did he go, and can i get him back??

next, i'm upto the stringy pete quests. done 2nd and 3rd easy, but i think i have a bug with the first one. i dug up the treasure and buckle and gave them to the williamson woman, she said nice one, but it didn't get stricken out in the log book and pete keeps asking me to sort it out. any ideas???

cheers

2. Odi

Odi New Member

If she took the treasure and the buckles, that part of the quest should be done. I noticed one of them was not struck out until I returned to Pete's.

It is a time consuming quest with decent xp. Make sure one of your followers did not inadvertently pick up buckles or treasure. I have seen followers access a chest, although only twice in the many hours of playing Arcanum. If you suspect a bug, only option that comes to mind would be to reload a previous save and go at it again.

3. stryker456

stryker456 New Member

4. Odi

Odi New Member

Virgil should be in the basement of the Sobbing Onion in Caladon. He will be beset by 3 or 4 bad guys as soon as you hit that lower level. If you can use magic stuff, there is a res scroll in a nearby chest. If you are a tech, then bring a res elixer (restore life elixer I think) with you to resurrect Virgil. If you have patched the game, he will still have all your stuff and be at the same level as when he left your group.

Not sure if this is important to finding Virgil there; but I took note of the tombstone in Caladon was at, then had the Tarant Hall of Records do a search for the name. They gave me a newspaper describing the incident which offered a little more insight into Virgil's past.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Odi on 2002-01-04 14:52 ]</font>

5. stryker456

stryker456 New Member

right cheers.

that thing with stringy pete is definately a bug cuase i reloaded it and did the whole thing again but to no avail. so if anyone from trokia is reading this - SORT IT OUT IN THE NEXT PATCH, alright?

6. Lethran

Lethran New Member

Mine did the same thing. I ignored it and finished the other two Stringy Pete quests. When I went back to Pete, it sorted itself out and I got the ship. Don't panic, just talk to Pete.

7. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Sorry to say this...your stuff on Virgil will disappear PERMANENTLY.

8. stryker456

stryker456 New Member

yeah i know, oh well. thanks for the help. check out my other post in the general discussion called "a social experiment"

9. Odi

Odi New Member

If you have patched the game Virgil will still have everything and be at the same level as when he scampered off. If you did *not* patch the game, then Virgil is reset to a level 25 and retains none of the inventory given him.

Our Host!