The charming southern belle

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Wangus, Jan 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wangus

Wangus New Member

I'm going to try to make a character that has 7 followers. It's possible, I'm pretty sure, when you think about it. 20 max, +3 for the debutante background, and I know you can get +1 from one of the blessings given throughout the game (is it the crystal ball quest?). That gives me 24, which is 6 followers right? Then persuasion expert gives me 7 altogether.

Anyway, I want to know how I should start off in the very beginning (crash site) so I don't get killed trying to fight ailing wolves. Suggestions? I don't really want to do magic if I don't have to, but I haven't found any other way.

2. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

20 is the maximum charisma. The maximum followers you can get is 6. 5 from full persuasion and 1 from expert status(Am I right???)

3. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

...and one for the gypsy blesing!(not sure)

4. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

You can have six followers, max, unless, as in one of my games, Raven joins up even though you're at your limit. This only happened once.
    But six is the maximum number of followers, and the number of followers shall be six.

5. Wangus

Wangus New Member

oh :sad:
    so you're saying that my background of +3 charisma DOESN't make my max charisma into 23?
    :sad: :sad: :sad:

I think I'll go into a corner and cry now...

6. Lethran

Lethran New Member

I don't think the dog counts towards the follower total either. I have a very uncharismatic ogre boy who exceeded total with the dog.

7. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

That's right: Dog never counts as a follower, unless your game screws-up, like mine has a few times.

8. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

I dont know, I had up to 8 followers with an human mage. But I was using the savegame editor, so that may have something to do with it.

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Yeah, cheating tends to alter the game a bit. :smile:

10. Wangus

Wangus New Member

wonder if you could cheat and have like 14 followers wandering around. My own personal little army.

11. Cruor

Cruor New Member

Well backgrounds surely change the maxstats so you would defenently get 23 cha, also the race you chose can affect the maxstats, an half-ogre, can have more then 22 str and so on.. so I guess you could get 7 followers or even more since there is an amulet that increases your charisma!

12. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Backgrounds don't change the maximum stats. They simply give you more (or less) CPs in certain stats at the beginning.
    Race can affect the maximums, but the maximum number of followers is six, not including Dog.
    Unless you guys are playing some weirdly patched version of the game...

Our Host!