how you got your handle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrnobodie, Dec 31, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Longtooth

Longtooth New Member

Longtooth was an evil half-orc assassin NPC from a D&D companion set module. It's been my name in a few online rpg's. Monarchy, The Realm, Mordor 2, Diablo2, etc.

2. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

Mordor 2?
    where is it?(can you give me the site?)

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Do you? I don't think so.....

4. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

well i just assumed he was a retard,..... just fucking with ya retard, sooo, spill, what's the real story hmmmm?

5. Longtooth

Longtooth New Member

Mordor 2 evolved into Demise: rise of the Ku'Tan. It was in beta for years as it was by one programmer: David "Requinix" Allen. I was in the beta gaming process for the first half, until the system requirements surpassed the capabilities of my system. (They went 3D) It went through a few name changes and publishers (including Black Isle which turned their back on it) and eventually David released it through his own company Artifact Entertainment.

http://www.artifact-entertainment.com/demise/

6. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I bought Demise, Longtooth and it won my "most disappointing game of my life" award, literally.

I think Mordor: Depths of Dejenol should really be on my most played list since it was the sort of game you could do for days without sustenance or sleep.

Jogging round to those lovely little squishy sounds and giggles (I loved the "Ugh!" comment when you found a corpse) caught me tight for about 3 months solid, starting one Christmas (1995/6?). Since then, I have had numerous, equaly intense ressurections.

I remember my despair the time I 'rocked' myself on level 10! How stupid I felt whe I then proceeded to actually backup rather than restore. It was a classic D'oh!

Then I spent years watching Visual Design (?) not develop the sequel. Then I forgot about it altogether. Then, last year, I came across Demise and instantly, (a) recognised it (b) bought it and (c) got my brother (another huge Mordor fan) to buy it.

A week or so later (one week to arrive, one hour to install and try out) I was the most disappointed I have ever been with a CD except when Elastica released their second LP.

Why the half-arsed 3D graphics?

Why the cumbersome controls?

Why not just leave things as they were and stick in a few more monsters and magic items?

Shit, I'd have been happy with a Win2000 port of the original.

7. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

But your HANDLE Fatman, your HANDLE!!!!! Any comments on the origin of your handle? :wink:

[​IMG]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retard on 2002-01-04 11:50 ]</font>

8. Sheriff Fatman

Well, that's not interesting at all! It's the name of a track by an old band called Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

I liked the band, the track, and thought the name sounded cool.

You could have found out the same thing by typing "Sheriff Fatman" into the quick search bar I gave you for Christmas. You are using it, aren't you? Please don't tell me you didn't like my gift! Damn - I knew I should have got you those socks with the pic of Bo Peep on the heel.

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

No, no, no....I LOVE the gift. Just didn't think to use it on that question.......Um, I WOULD still like the socks, if you are still offering. Bo Peep is hot.

10. Sheriff Fatman

I think you have the wrong Bo Peep. I'm talking about the big redneck dude who likes staring at men in showers. You think he's hot?

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Why would you want socks with pictures of a fat homosexual pervert on them? So you can freak out little kids?

By the way Fatman, how are those schocks coming along? I want a pair dammit!

12. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

Ummm I hate to admit it but he does have a point! (er... that picture worries me)

13. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

what pic, Jar's avatar? Heh it worries me too, I guess I ll limit my post so that i don't reach 1.6k post, I don't want that avatar heh. :thinker:

well Ive posted before why Ive chosen Skie(Kitiara's dragon, oh how I wish they do the Chronicles like they do LOTR), 88 was just random number.

14. Longtooth

Longtooth New Member

I hated Demise, the 3D alone was a tragic mistake, but I loved Mordor 2:Darkness Awakening at the early stages of the development cycle. It was mordor 1 with a handful of extra features and items and slightly updated 2D graphics and multiplayer.

15. Tallie

Tallie New Member

My handle is from an old book by Wolfgang Hohlbein, a german fantasy author which i liked a lot in my youth. I don't read his books anymore, but I kept the nick for all rpg things.

16. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Had a low opinion of myself at the time, I guess.....But I now hold my head high, and proudly wield my handle. (Err, not to be confused with handling my wield.) :lol: To be retard is to not be confused with someone of high intelligence!! Therefore, people put me in the lower half on the intelligence scale, so when I actually say something smart, (which isn't often) they are surprised, and proud of me, and pat me on the head and say, "That's a GOOD retard!" I LIVE for positive reinforcement!!
    [​IMG]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retard on 2002-01-05 05:33 ]</font>

17. DrFraud

DrFraud New Member

It's due to a combination of:

A friend o' mine who likes to joke about my being the reincarnation of Sigmund Freud.

My belief that some of Freud's theories are bunk. (Penis envy, my foot!)

In an old Ideal boardgame where you hafta rescue Titanic passengers before the ship sinks, my favorite passenger is called Sigfried Fraud.

18. Pissukonde

Pissukonde New Member

My handle?

Well, you see I have this kinda REALLY curly hair. I also have a friend from Sri Lanka who dubbed me pissukonde.

N.B. pissu is Sri Lankan for "mad", konde for "hair".

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

What exactly is wrong with my avatar Skie88? At the moment, yes, I am the only person with it...

20. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Nothing really, but Ive pictured u as a nice guy and having that avatar kinda screw that vision, u know, Jarinor as a Crazy Old Psychopath. BTW, Why not a Crazy Young Psychopath? :lol:

Our Host!