Jinxed now officially on T-A staff

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Calis, Dec 15, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Calis

Calis Member

As Jinxed's 2-week trial period is over, the time has come to give him the last bit of admin access. That means that from this moment on he has the power to maim, ban, and generally cause havoc on the forum. Be prepared for some horrible power abuse. :smash:

2. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

Ahh, damn I got here too late to get him kicked off the team! Well I guess we'll have to live with this set back. :grin:

3. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

After a comment like that, I think Jinxed should ban you now, just for comedy value :p

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

what I should do is block that crappy picture of his that he has in his sig. :razz:
    And yea, being part of TA staff makes me proud :xoldrop:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2001-12-15 05:52 ]</font>

5. colonel_mortimer

Wow look at his name
    Jinxed
    T-A Moderator
    You even have an official staff pic.

*waits for the site to go down or something bad thing to happen.* :paranoid:

P.S. You did not just knock the real Arcanum box did you, jinxed? You will be destroyed for such treachery! :smash:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: colonel_mortimer on 2001-12-15 06:34 ]</font>

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I laugh at your puny threats! :teeth:
    (now that I'm officially a TA member I need to get used to behaving like a dirty bastard) :xoldrop:

7. Milo

Milo New Member

Actions speak louder than words, brother...

[​IMG]

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Argh! No! The terrible Power will corrupt him! Run for the hills everyone!

Nice pic Milo :smile:.

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

10. BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS

BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS New Member

DOH!

Now you can fire him.
    Look what he did to the text under my name.
    I was like a railroad spike before, but he changed it to some gay-ass shit about worms.

I guess your idea of moderating a forum is to drive everyone a way who has a differing opinion than yours.
    That's really sad.

I'm sorry to inform you, but the Terra-Arcanum forum is going to slowly start to die.
    In the case of the game Tzar: Burden of the Crown, the moderator had a thing for actually starting flames against people who he just didn't happen to agree with their opinions.
    Over the course of several months, the forum slowly started to wilt and die, as people were disgusted by his neo-Commie style of moderating.
    Evenutally, the forum died, the developers, who posted and participated there, had also fled which sealed the forum's fate, as well as the actual website that hosted the forum.
    The jerkoff then goes and tries to start another one on a new site.
    No one shows up.
    Then, he follows one of the developers to the new site for his new game and shows up in the forum.
    Everyone flees and now he is the only one there in the forum all alone.
    I dunno, maybe I should invite him here, but it seems you don't need any help in self-destructing your forum if you're putting "power-abusers" in power (I know, that sounds kinda redundant). And what's this I see in another thread about the forum being hackable?
    WOW, GEE, I'm sure people will "really" like posting here for a fair amount of time to come. Some great fucking forum this has turned out to be.
    NOT!
    DOH!
    OH WELL, suit your-homosexual-selves. B <=8
    :asshole:
    HAHAHAH!
    Arrivederci, bitches.

I'll be back in a year to claim "I told you so!"
    :eek:

11. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

That's a nice story you got going' there man. It's too bad no one will listen to your speech since you are a well known troll and a trouble maker. Another thing is that you have worms in your head. I don't have anything against people that make sane posts and don't make fun of other people in general. See, if you had something against Rex who is gay, you both would have to sort it out. But you were making fun of gays/bisexuals in general. That my friend won't fly. you are a trouble maker and a troll that's not just my opinion, it's everyone's here too. I don't do anything without enough consideration. While you should really think what is apropriate to call out in public and what is not.

12. Odi

Odi New Member

btw, Jinxed, grats man.:smile: *sends Jinxed a very old and proven set of nomex perma wear*

13. BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS

!

You interefered with a post that was a debate between two parties. They must have been your friends, and you chose to get invovled and then exercise your powers in order to achieve some kind of "victory" or result satisfactory to you and your friends.

You, put the worm stuff under my name, like you're some kind of child. As if that changes anything. It only shows how much you're acting like a child in doing that. Gee, can't win an intellectual argument so you have to act like a kid,"YOU GOT WORMS IN YOUR HEAD!", and vandalize my name--wow, I guess that really solved alot.

If you were a real moderator, you'd let bygones be bygones, not take sides and use your powers to try and win your side of the argument. But that's just what you did and that's why you are bad for this forum.

Right now, you're acting like the kinda guy, if he can't win an argument, would resort to pulling a gun to shoot the other guy. That's how you come off as. And just look, you have all these people in this thread dedicated to how you abuse your power, so go figure.

Also, you don't speak for everyone here. This is called FORUM, where all can speak their opinion, not JUST YOU on behalf of all of THEM, and I think that's part of the problem.
    Only you and maybe Rex and them other two guys don't like me, and that's it, and they don't like me just because they don't like my interpretation of what makes someone a homosexual, AND THAT'S IT.
    I don't believe your intrepretation of it because it's flat out disingenuous.

I believe you actually know better, but, like they, misunderstood the post, and chose to take a side (which is inappropriate for a moderator), with them. Why? Because it's easier to side with a mob. I there were three of four+me against, say Rex or Sheriff on that post, you would have sided with me.
    Plus, it's easier to cater to the side of the "victimologists", which was who and what they were with their whole whining posts.

What you should have done was nothing. There are alot of stupid and provacative posts (see "No Brothas in Arcanum" thread, for example)on this forum. And only a couple people, out of dozens and dozens misinterpreted my post.

Like I said before, you probably took it personal, because maybe those guys are your friends and maybe you actually are a homosexual, an overly sensitive one, yourself, and that's likely your problem.

You didn't think for half a second on considering to do what you did.

You're profounding full of shit. I have that entire post to back up what I said (I will back all this up). What do you have to back up your rhetoric here? Nothing, unless you abuse your powers again and go back and edit your posts.

As I indicated already, it's going to be constrictive and anal people like you who are going to ruin this forum; and I'm not going to hold my breath for you to prove me wrong on any of this either.

Either way, you should know better.
    Maybe, your problem is, you have this forum mistaken for the Battlecruiser3000a.d. forum.

Oh, btw, I am black and I am greatly offended by the "No Brothas in Arcanum" topic.
    Please remove it because I don't find any humor in it and it is very offensive to my race.
    If you fail to do so, I will notify civil rights groups that you are condoning demeaning, inappropriate, offensive, behavior. It's not directly racist but it is dangerously close to being so, and it's very insensitive to me and my family.
    Thank you.

14. colonel_mortimer

Let me ring in here. First off the reason jinxed is mad at you is because you were making fun of gay people. You selected a target group and insulted each and every member of the group. As far as the brothers in Arcanum thread I did not see anyone making fun of black people at all in the thread. But if it did make fun of Blacks you would not really have a leg to stand on. You are saying don't make fun of my people but it doesn't matter who I make fun of.

Yes, I have seen many people like you, with their philosophies of moderate those that I find offensive but don't moderate me. I hope you see how ironic your post is from my angle.

15. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

You ignorant prick, I posted once on that thread. And there was an argument, and you know what happened? The good people of this board sorted them out, the person who did the inconsideration edit the text by himself Why? Becuase he is sane.
    Another thing: "My race"?? Here is your problem you mutated idiot. What are you, an alien?? Last time I checked, there was only one race, THE HUMAN RACE.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

For a start, there isn't any such thing as neo-Commie's. Communism is alive in Asia, therefore how something can be neo-Commie is beyond me.

I believe the word you were looking for there was fascism. It's at the other end of the political spectrum, so now don't you look like an idiot?

If you're such a great soothsayer, this forum won't be here in a year. So what's the point of coming back and saying "I told you so!"?

17. Odi

Odi New Member

Good moderators remain(ed) consistent and objective. It's like raising children: to be effective a parent needs to respect the same basic operating parameters set down for the youngsters. Those who espouse chaos are usually of a different mind.

To date, I like Jinxed's style. Stone and Shape, eh? It is still a bit early to judge his Stone until time reveals the many more facets.

18. BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS

HAHAHAH.

Jinxed wrote:
    "Because your posts showed complete lack of respect for a group of people. And I did not get into a war with you till much later after my first post there."

Go reread my post: http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/view ... orum=14&44

Only three people, two who claimed to be homosexuals, did not like my opinion on the difference between a homosexual and a bisexual.
    We disagreed. We both have a right to our own opinion.
    It's not "disrespectful" to have a different opinion.

Jinxed also wrote:
    "Sorry man, but when someone is posting shit on my forum"

On a power-trip, eh? Let me remind you: this is not YOUR forum.

"I have to react, when someone commits murder in front of everyone, it's kind ahard not to take sides..."

You disagreed with my opinion. Just because you disagreed with it, doesn't mean you're justified in abusing your powers.
    And equating what I wrote with "murder", you should be ashamed of yourself.

Jinxed also blurted:
    "Wrong buddy NO ONE likes you here!!! "

Says who? Says you? Only a few people disagreed with my opinion, if they are going automatically decide to hate me, just because of my opinion, then I'm not the one you have a problem with.
    As I said before, you don't speak for everybody here, let them speak for themselves, asshole.

Jinxed wrote this:
    "What I do is just the right thing. If you disagree with me tough luck."

Why don't you delete the feedback forums entirely since it seems no matter what you do, in your mind, it's always going to be "I do is just the right thing."

I wrote this:"Either way, you should know better."
    Jinxed oddly replied with this:
    "ONCE AGAIN you are telling me what to do."

DUDE! Calm down, I'm not telling you to do anything! I am stating an opinion. IT IS MY OPINION that you should know better.
    I'm not telling you to know better, if I did, I would have wrote:"KNOW BETTER, NOW, JINXED!"
    But I didn't do that, obviously.
    Do you think I am your father and you're defying me? I think you have some kind of repressed parental issues.

Jinxed wrote in another post:
    "That is your opinion!"

I might as well address this too.
    OF COURSE what I say is my opinion, are you smoking crack???
    The point of the forum is to POST OPINIONS.
    Opinions are NOT illegal or evil.
    Everyone has different opinions, that is FACT and COMMON SENSE.
    Don't get your balls in a knot that someone actually voices their opinion that differs with yours.
    No shit, Sherlock, I have an opinion.
    AND SO DO YOU! The difference is that I respect opinions, you fucking loathe them.
    I am guessing at this point you live in a post-Communist country, however, you supported the Communists.

JINXED most ignorantly wrote:
    "Another thing: "My race"?? Here is your problem you mutated idiot. What are you, an alien?? Last time I checked, there was only one race, THE HUMAN RACE."

YOU'RE A FUCKING RACIST. You think black people are fucking aliens? That black people are fucking mutated? Why don't you call me a fucking nigger while you are at it you piece of shit. Now, you're fucking with the wrong shit.
    Yeah, the "Human Race", but to you, they are all white, as all us non-whitey black folk are just mutated aliens and shit, and you think it's okay to make fun of us, cuz we're all "one race".
    Okay, now I get it.
    I understand the kind of person you are now.

JARINOR wrote:
    "For a start, there isn't any such thing as neo-Commie's."

OMG! I can't believe you actually wrote that. All I can reply with is: "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING?! ON THE MOON?"

Jarinor puked out:
    "I believe the word you were looking for there was fascism. It's at the other end of the political spectrum, so now don't you look like an idiot? "

The answer is NO, you do, because you haven't a clue what the definition of facism, not to mention the fact you weren't even there. The guy wasn't a fascist, he was acting like a post-Cold War Communist ("neo-Commie").

Jarinor possibly mistakenly wrote:
    "So what's the point of coming back and saying "I told you so!"?"

Because "in denial", die-hards like you and Jinxed and maybe a few others (yeah right) will still be around thinking a hundred people are reading their one or two posts left on the forum they keep putting up for no one to read.

Odi most quasi-Freudianly wrote:
    "Good moderators remain(ed) consistent and objective. It's like raising children: to be effective a parent needs to respect the same basic operating parameters set down for the youngsters. Those who espouse chaos are usually of a different mind."

Who fucking said that? Stalin? Lenin? Didn't Hitler also say something like that, you know, with the whole "Fatherland", thing? Let me ask you this: What is wrong with you so that you think you need another parent? Are you not a responsible adult? Let me also ask you: Do you not have any self-respect for your own person?

Odi also wrote:
    "To date, I like Jinxed's style. Stone and Shape, eh? It is still a bit early to judge his Stone until time reveals the many more facets."

Are you sure you're not Jinxed under a different name? I've seen his other posts (like the ones in the Follies), I think the guy has a short-fuse temper and a God-complex. If he was transformed into his "Arcanum equivalent" he'd be a low-brow, disgruntled Orc (and no, not Gar).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS on 2002-01-04 16:40 ]</font>

19. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Sirs, if I may?

But when you are given the job of moderator to a forum, which is no easy task, then you actually do get power over the forum. Obviously one should not/can not abuse this power. If it was certain that Jinxed was on a power-high, many people who call for his downfall. However, it does not seem that this is the case, and as said before, given the job and responsibility of moderator he may call this forum (at least partly) his.

Ashamed? I'm not quite sure why...

Kinda random deduction. Repressed parental issues? Please show those of us who are inferior to your intellect your train of thought.

I'm sorry, but you seriously have some issues with Communism. I don't understand why. It's as if try to insult him with this as much as possible. I'd like to say here that Communism's priority was NOT supreme rulership. It was simply a belief system to run a government not unlike capitalism that controls the United States. Just because it failed in most of the countries that it was employed in (and in by no means because of the flaws in it's ideals) does not mean that it is bad. I will glady discuss that with you later.

First, I shudder and apoligize for having to put this part up again. He does not ever say that blacks are aliens or are mutated. He said YOU are an alien/mutated. If someone called me stupid, that does not mean he thinks all taiwanese people are stupid.

I think that Jarinor's point was that the term neo-Commie used today is actual is mis-used word (as is many English phrases I might add). The point is that a few countries (Jarinor was impartial enough, though Jarinor needs not be, to not immediately scream the word China) still are under communist rule.

Was that just Hitler's OPINION. He did a terrible thing, sure, but it was merely just his OPINION. My point is that sometimes OPINIONS are wrong even on an opinion forum.

That's it. Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.

Wangus

20. Odi

Odi New Member

A couple of my onliners:

"The most expedient way to test an individual's mettle is to award them a measure of authority." Odi

"Those who would argue a fool have met their equal." Odi

I bid you gentlemen adieu

Our Host!