Lord of the OS's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Halycon, Jan 1, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Halycon

Halycon New Member

A guy on another board I visit posted this.

Recently a friend of mine, a wizard of sorts, paid me a visit. As we were talking I mentioned having recently installed Windows XP on my PC and that I am very happy with this operating system. I also showed him the Windows XP CD. He gazed at it with some interest, and to my surprise he threw it into my microwave oven and turned it on. Instantly I became very upset, because the CD had become precious to me.

'Do not worry, it is unharmed.', he assured me. taking the CD out after a few moments.

'Here, hold it, it is quite cool.', he said as he handed me the CD. To my surprise the CD was indeed quite cold to hold and it seemed to be heavier than before.

'Can you see anything?', my friend inquired.

'No, there's nothing.', I said.

An such was true, at first I could not see anything, but then on the inner edge of the disc I saw an inscription; an inscription of flowing digits finer than anything I have ever seen before. The inscription shone piercingly bright, and yet remote, as if out of a great depth.

4F 6E 65 20 4F 53 20 74 6F 20 72 75 6C 65 20 74 68 65 6D 20 61 6C 6C 2C 20 4F 6E 65 20 4F 53 20 74 6F 20 66 69 6E 64 20 74 68 65 6D 2E 20 4F 6E 65 20 4F 53 20 74 6F 20 62 72 69 6E 67 20 74 68 65 6D 20 61 6C 6C 20 61 6E 64 20 69 6E 20 74 68 65 20 64 61 72 6B 6E 65 73 73 20 62 69 6E 64 20 74 68 65 6D 2E

'Wait.', I said, 'There are markings. Some form of code. I can't read it.'

'There are few who can.', my friend rasped, 'The language is that of Microsoft, which I will not utter here. In the common tongue it says:'

'One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them. One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.'

2. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

ooookaaayyy, i'm having a hard time believing this, it just seems to real.

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

98 is the most stable OS.
    And kids, always microwave your CDs before using them.

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Halycon,
    Do you really think that there are people here stupid enough, to actually believe you or just get curious enough to really do what you described? People like you are making me work on more custom avatars dammit! You deserve it, for actually trying to make someone throw their not so cheap windows cd into a freaking microwave.

5. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE!!! I have come from a far and distant land to offer my help in journeying to the lair of this evil beast and destroying this hated RING! I am sure that with the help of Lord Gandalf we will be able to... to... er...

WHAT A MINUTE! You stole this story!!!! Damn you! Damn you GATES spawn you may have exposed me but I will continue to fight on, as long as no one suspects I will conitue to fight the good fight here in my secret lair! I will... I WILL.... OOO What NOW who's that at the door?? Hold on can't you see that I'm...

"With those fated words Eros Rex was not seen again until the following summer, where witnesses reported seeing him working as a bag boy for a local Comp USA telling all he spoke to of the amazing wonders of windows XP and how we should all be on our knees thanking Bill Gates for deeming unwashed scum such as ourselves worthy of seeing the greatness of XP... XP.... XP..."
    :stoner:

6. Halycon

Halycon New Member

7. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

I knew it was that's why I decided to have some fun with it :grin: I don't know what's up those other guys shorts. But then again they ain't Lords... (well except for mr. nobodie of course but he don't count cause He's NOBODY get it?)

We can't all be a Lord Somebody you know so don't blame them for being humorless :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eros Rex on 2002-01-01 11:32 ]</font>

8. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

9. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Our Host!