Followers

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Wangus, Dec 31, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wangus

Wangus New Member

How many Charisma points do I need to have a certain number of followers? Like I have 3 charisma but I still can only have 1 follower. Also, it says that some followers will leave your group if somone else is also a follower (I don't remember the details exactly), but in the manual, it says that if you have 20 charisma, no followers will leave you. Does this mean that you can have all the followers in the game if you tried really hard?

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

1. 3CH=1follower; 6=2; 9=3 and so on. Also Persuasion Expert gives you one extra follower.

2. 20CH unfortunately doesn't grant that all your followers will stay no matter what. For example you can join a dwarf fighter at Isle of Despair, but when you get back to his clan he will leave you - even if you have 20CH. Hint - if you want him to stay tell him to wait outside. As for other followers I had no conflicts personally but I was good and had two techies and a melee guy so there was no reason for fighting.

3. Lycander

Lycander New Member

What is the bonus max persuasion skill ?

4. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

According to the Manual, if you max out (Master) PER, you can recruit followers even if their alignment is opposed to yours.

5. Rick

Rick New Member

Actually, it's

4 Charisma = 1 Follower
    8 Charisma = 2 Followers
    12 Charisma = 3 Followers

and so on (presumable to 20 Charisma = 5 Followers).

Training as an expert in persuasion gets you 1 more follower. So that suggests you can have a maximum of 6 followers after buying up your charisma to 20 and becoming expert in persuasion. Unless there's a magic item or blessing somewhere I don't know about. If there is I'd like to know about it; I like playing with lots of followers.

--Rick

Our Host!