Item Editor - Blade of Xerxes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stryker456, Dec 29, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. stryker456

stryker456 New Member

i'm not a big fan of cheating before anyone makes comments. however, I do like to have all my quests completed where possible, so here's my problem........

I found this cave with the Blade of Xerxes in, and seeing as it wasn't a brilliant weapon i sold it. however, i've now found i need it to kill the wee beastie killing hoes in caladon. seeing as i haven't got a clue where i sold it, and even if i did, i doubt it would still be there, i'm left with a problem. the only way i can see to solve it is with an item editor, so does anyone know where i can get one, or have any ideas how to get the blade back??

cheers people

mike

2. SilverFuture

SilverFuture New Member

You found the Pit of Fires and chunked the Blade?

Goddamn. It's for a side quest so you don't need it, but oh well, you lost it, sorry for you.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The Blade will still be where you sold it. Go find it.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

What the hell is the spoiler board? The hint'n'tips section?

5. stryker456

stryker456 New Member

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

My first mess-up

Sorry bud. I don't know what got into me yesterday. This is a genuine topic for GD. I was palying a wrestling game all day and at the evening I was pretty much brain dead. Anyway I deleted my post. And again Welcome to the boards.

7. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

*wonders how or why yesterday was any different than any other day* :paranoid:

8. SilverFuture

SilverFuture New Member

9. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

actually silverfuture has a point, i do prefer the box i got as opposed to the white one myself.

10. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

thats exactly what i said when the colonel showed it to me!

11. colonel_mortimer

You damn newbies need your head examined. For the first 7 or 8 months I was waiting for this game that was the Arcanum box. Troika made the box it was the official box. Then, as even Shellman said, Sierra’s PR made them change it to "boost" sales. The thing is, IMHO, all it appeals to is the high school demographic that wants combat, killing, death, blood, and total carnage in their games. Hell, the earliest person to register between the three of you registered in November. November? I was following Arcanum over a year before any of you registered. Now who likes the original box? And if you hate it you cannot speak unless you were in the Arcanum community at least before this site had a message board.

P.S. …and yes this does rule out Jinxed :smile:

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

The box, to me personally has far too much white colors in it. It kinda hurts my eyes, the new box has more soothing colors. that's my humble opinion. But the rest of the picture? The new one looks like it would fit warcraft or war hammer better than Arcanum.

13. colonel_mortimer

Yet he speaks anyway. :roll: Well since you did speak, what the bloody hell are you smoking? White is the most soothing color there is; red's hot and white's soothing its like a law or something. I have no clue what you find so soothing about shit brown. Personally the idea, world, and gameplay or Arcanum are much more represented by the real box the one sierra forced them to use just sucks. It has an ugly background color and a very ugly elf on the front. To many of you see me as a person bastardizing your sacred game, but sierra bastardized the game with the new box. And between the shitty box and the last Arcanum delay caused by Havas's slow translations and sierra’s need for a worldwide release, I will always oppose those who stick up for the poor company and its affiliates.

P.S. Are there any [GOaT]s out there that can set these newbies strait on what a box should be? I know several people were pissed when the box changed, where are they now?

14. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Well the face of the bitch on this box is ugly.

15. colonel_mortimer

Ugly! The bitch on the new box is ugly here is a blow up if I find one bigger I will post it.
    [​IMG]
    I think it is a very good picture of an elf, and surely, you can't deny that its not. Does anyone post here that actually remembers when this was the box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: colonel_mortimer on 2001-12-30 15:27 ]</font>

16. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Morty, you're starting to piss me off, don't make me go angry on your face. I do back down, because I treat you as a friend. It's abvious to me now, you don't treat me like one. So eat that box of yours and have a nice day. Or maybe you have a period, and you're not your self lately? Maybe your angry over gamestats? I don't know. Anyway if you want to throw your ectoplasma along with large doses of negative remarks, you found the wrong forum to do so. Especially if you are doing that to a staff member.

17. colonel_mortimer

Jinxed settle down man. I thought you knew that:
    1. Never take me seriously

2. Me and Ton have had similar battles ourselves. In fact I only target those who I have the most respect for and you have been the only person that I have specifically targeted. What does that mean?

In fact the only serious thing about this topic, with me at least, is I like the old box better than the new one and it would be nice to see how some of the oldies feel about it.

P.S. You never did read those threads we told you to when you first went to TD did you?

18. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Wheew. I have been in alot of work lately, and when not at work, I'm playing wrestling. My post was about that there are times that we cross the line. You and Ton as well. Sometimes you almost flame each other. Simply put, I'm just not like that, I find it very hard to flame people that I respect.
    Jokes are jokes, my friends here know some thing about that, Jar, my victim of Yo mama's jokes, Milo the pop up fest victim. I have become the victim of Milo's joke too. and so on. The thing is they know we playing around. And by looking at your post, I wasn't sure. It's all about the chemistry of the writing, some may sound like a *real threat* while others not. Well, if you say not to take you seriously, next time brace yourself for some hard posting.
    BTW that box indeed does suck. :teeth:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2001-12-30 16:41 ]</font>

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Morty, hate to bust your bubble there, but just because you weren't a member of the Arcanum community since day dot, doesn't mean you couldn't have followed the game. I like the box that came out more, because it didn't have white - if that box had the colour that filled most of the box that came out, then yes, I probably would have liked that one more. It didn't though.

Also, my opinion is the only one that matters here :smile: - wait, I'd better include Jinxed, because he did nasty things with electricity the last time I said that...

20. colonel_mortimer

Now that is the kind of thinking that we need on this board. :wink:

I will say to all of you "white haters" that the box is really an off white with the texture of parchment. It's a great background that fits the world of Arcanum. The problem is that the computer image is a little off and it looks very white due to the fact it is scaled down so much.

Nobody has said anything about the new box fitting the world of Arcanum better, which has been the whole basis of my argument. What I find really odd is that so many people were upset when it changed and now everyone, at least here, likes the new box. Why is that?

Our Host!