Tech V Magick

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by EntarDagroth, Dec 29, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. EntarDagroth

EntarDagroth New Member

I would just like to open a debate on the comparative benefits of technology and magick, which is easier?more interesting?I believe that technology is better and easier in the long run,although magick is easier at first because of the expense of some components,also gun smithy seems to be the most valuable disicipline.

2. SpiffyP

SpiffyP New Member

ok then, here's my 2 cents worth...

magic is easier (especially to start). technology is more interesting. magic (in general) is more powerful. technology is more flexible. magic leads to "let the followers do the work" or "long distance" combat. technology can as well, but also encourages more interaction in combat by your character. gun-smithy is NOT the most useful of disiplines. it only provides you with guns. :wink: i'd say the most useful is smithy. you can fully equip a character (with the exception of boots) from the smithy disipline. herbal is also valuable for techs as the only way to heal yourself. final verdict? none. it all depends on your play style!

3. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Technology is cool! I love to combine useless items into useful items. Woah, the guns are so cool!

4. RobWakeman

RobWakeman New Member

There are so many things that your power depends on (your race, your other skills, your party members) that I don't think this even worth discussing. If you're a dwarf, for example of course technology is better. If you're an elf vice versa. If you're not a fighter and are healing your teammates or are a diplomat or a shopkeeper's apprentice or whatever.

It depends on so many things! Because of this There isn't one that is better.

5. Lycander

Lycander New Member

I myself find the potato and lemon charges interesting

Our Host!