Need advice for playing thief character

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Zexaqaxez, Dec 27, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zexaqaxez

Zexaqaxez New Member

I am used to playing a kick-ass fighter/mage character, and I am now having a bit of trouble getting a good thief character going. Can anyone give me some good advice? Especially concerning what stats to develop (besides DX) early in the game.
    thanks

2. KaMiKaZe

KaMiKaZe New Member

What skills did your kickass fighter/mage learn? I m now playing as one.

3. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

1) For a thief go for dex it's the key. If you are trying for 100% thief then you will have a tough time so I would work on persasion as a back-up and charisma to get more followers. But if you are not hardcore for the role then thorwing in a bit of magic will help you lots.

2) for a kick-ass fighter mage you should go for no more then expert in your fighter skills (melee and Dodging If you don't include throwing then go for master in these two) Put the rest first into conveyance to get disarm spell (VERY handy) and then force to get the force feild (again extremly useful) My fighter mage mastered mental magic and also used conveyance, fire, and time all the way. this made him crazy powerful. once i got to lvl forty I just kept followers around for show :smile:

4. johtib

johtib New Member

I mastered summoning/force/_theOneWithTeleport_, my only problem was keeping my followers back so they wouldn't get killed, finished the game at level 40...

5. Zexaqaxez

Zexaqaxez New Member

Kamikaze, for a fighter/mage, the Melee and Dodge skills are vital, and of course Dexterity, upon which these two skills depend. Strength is good too, a good policy is to just every now and then.. say, every 4 or 5 levels, up your strength a point... As for magic, I'd recommend summoning. When you get the Guardian Ogre spell, you start to kick MAJOR ass... cast two GO's at once and you can't be stopped. Temporal is good too.. Congeal Time coupled with Haste give you a considerable edge in combat. If you have points left over, conveyance is good because you can get the handy unlock spell and eventually the Teleportation spell, which is very good for the sake of player convenience (saves time for you in the real world) White necromantic is good if for some reason you don't have Virgil or another healer. And black necromantic is great if you just want to tear shit up!

Our Host!